Nissan X Trail

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

The Nissan X-Trail is a compact or mid-size crossover SUV produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan since 2000. Due to its length gain in its third generation, it is now considered a mid-size crossover SUV. It was one of Nissan's first crossover SUVs and was released about the same time as several other companies competing car-based compact SUVs including the Suzuki Grand Vitara, Ford Escape and its Mazda Tribute sibling, the Hyundai Tucson, Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. The X-Trail is positioned below the truck-based Xterra and Pathfinder and was never offered by dealerships in the United States. The first generation was available in Canada until it was replaced by the Rogue. However, both the Rogue and the X-Trail are sold in Mexico. The Rogue shares the same platform as the second-generation X-Trail and is very similar to the Qashqai.

I do not understand what's all the fuss about an X Trail. For me its looks like a boring vehicle, no eye catching exterior features and basic inside features. It's very high priced as well . It goes for approx $ 150 k - 180k foreign used and for newer models its more expensive. The new 2015 Model has made some improvements regarding the exterior and very high priced as well.
What do you guys think about the X Trail? Can you tell me if the fuss is worth it ?
nissan-x-trail-1.jpg

lol xtrail = win talk done (im biased to it lol)...........the new model have more features being offered down here than the other vehicles in its class and with the full loaded at 379 thats not bad as it is the direct competitor to the rav 4....lol it was cut some edges in the back leg room area department because of the new design...i will buy it if i could afford it but i still find it expensive....

Last edited:
Agree with Grim. ITs very very popular in New York. Its a good design and certainly does not retain the boring aspects of the previous model.

I don't know how large the interior is since I've never seen its interior personally but it seems to be a slightly bigger Qashqai IMO, not a bad thing.

The space infront is good but the pack for passengers the previous models were larger as when I sat in the back of the new model my head was too close to the sealing which was a first for me in a xtrail probably because of the slick down back

Yes but the Qash has better interior features and space ...The back seat also looks uncomfortable .I find this is too plain for my liking to spend 140-180k on this. What about what's under the hood ?

n4bihk.jpg

jrusf5.jpg

Honestly I thought the Xtrail was bigger than that. My head hit the roof in the Qashqai. in the event of a roll over or hard enough pot hole my neck could become damaged or snapped from jamming against the roof in the backseat.
Would take the rav4 over it simply for safety reasons as the roof is just as high as 4wd truck but you sit lower so its much safer than the Xtrail. Disappointed to hear that and it really rules out the Xtrail in my book size wise.

I'm only 5'11 and had major issues with the Qashqai interior. Its a nice feature set and looks but KIA and Hyundai will get my vote this time around followed by the rav4 with its top safety rating.

The Xtrail is too small for the money you are paying. I'd call it bad value for that little size. I also don't like the interior in those pics. It looks very dated and cheap and I hope that isn't what locals are paying for.

Last edited:
^^^that is not the latest model xtrail tho.........honestly the rav4 has nothing on it

the lates model interio looks like this
listing_main_2015_Nissan_Xtrail_Interior_2.jpg

2015-nissan-x-trail-interior-back-side.jpg

Bloc-2-Boot-flat-RHD.jpg

Nissan-X-Trail-five-seat-interior.jpg

Now that is what I know. That gets high praise from me. its a really well engineered and design interior that Nissan is known for minus the head rubbing thing which discredits the whole vehicle from my list. Its nice and all but when it rolls and the roof caves and my neck snaps then I'd be wishing I was in something else with a taller roof.

If the X-Trail was bigger in size, length, roof height and width, I'd be all over it. It has the makings of an excellent SUV and imagining this in Body on Frame is just damage to all other mid-sized body on frame suvs night and day.

Disclaimer: I know its not a body on frame but imagining it bigger and being body on frame in design makes it perfect imo.

Last edited:
lol people who are in the 6'3 class area will be a bit cramped but i didnt try to adjust the backseat as it was the showroom vehicle lmao haha maybe when i go back massy again ill adjust it to my height and seating position and give you more feed back

No that's the foreign used ones i was showing in the previous pictures before. That's the ones we normally see on the road and what people are buying because the new ones are expensive. My cousin paid 165k for the foreign used one and that thing is depressing ! LOL

The new one however, looks good and has really nice features. But Nissan confusing me here man ..so much SUVs one time thou. I guess they are making each for various preferences yes

Yes I did work once before on the previous model X-Trail when it was still offered brand new and personally speaking, I did not like it when compared to the Kia Sportage.... The build quality was very economical and while it is a good vehicle its not something I'd like to own.

The new X-Trail is more like it.

I think Nissan designed a Crossover: Qashqai and 2 mid-sized SUVs:X-Trail(new) and Pathfinder(Minivan lolol).

Anyone remember the rough and tough Pathfinder R51?

Lol yup love the Pathfinders .. ! Now thats a vehicle that can take jammin'. !

I don't think the Nissan X'Trail in its earlier years could of even touch , let alone the same level as A Kia Sportage. Now , yes . But the X Trail will always remain a vehicle i still don't get ! lol :/

In my eyes none of the car based SUVs Nissan produced now could come near the R51 Pathfinder. That was a vehicle that could handle itself. On and off road, multiple duty. The new ones feel more like on-road, "imitate" SUV on road feel with more car like dynamics to the handling.
Not bashing it but I always will be biased toward body on frame, have a real love for it.

acutally have a video where the xtrail beat out all the other vehicle in its class older model that is lol

acutally have a video where the xtrail beat out all the other vehicle in its class older model that is lol

Nah that doh count lol. Toyota once did a commercial with a 2009 Prado 150 with KDSS taking corners and all kinds of off road maneuvers. They compared it in a 4 way split with a Land Rover Discovery from the 90s. People bashed the ad on youtube and started to laugh at Toyota for that because the Discovery still could run through the trails with ease.

^^^Hahaha i cant find it on youtube hahahaha but it was the better all rounder....well things gone luxury now so i dont know now lol

Back