New traffic fines....

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Resha

LV

Defective ID plate was $60, now $300
Defective brakes was $60 now $750
Defective fittings was $90 now $450
Defective tyres was $200 now $1000
Unauthorised lights was $150 now $750
No park lights was $200 now $1000
No tail lights was $200 now $1000
Fail to keep left was $150 now $1000
Improper overtaking was $200 now $1000
No horn was $60 now $300
Excess smoke was $200 now $1000
Carrying ppl dangerously was $150 now $750
Noisy vehicle was $60 now $300
Taxi unattended at head of taxi stand was $120 now $600
No statements of fares was $60 now $300
Tinted windscreen/windows obscuring view$2000
Fail to wear seatbealt driver/passenger $1000
Breach traffic lightswas $200 now $ 1000
Dangerous driving $3000
Breach PBR was $200 now $2000
Vehicle in Maxi Colours was $200 now $ 1000

Oh My Gosh.... this is sad really sad but its frightening enough to scare the drivers into doing the right thing.. And some gone up by 800 dollars and thing wheyyy

These charges are ridiculous yes the penalties should be increased but not so much come one for alot of petty offenses the charges are over 500 - 1000 come on na.
The government is finding all means to get back the money they wasted on the summit

I agree some of the fines are ridiculously high but at the same time it's because they are ridiculously low that people do what ever they want on our nation's roads and don't care about getting caught because they know that is a 'petty' fine that they will be paying which is always the case especially for improper use of the PBR.With higher penalty fees drivers 'may' feel inclined to follow the traffic laws of the land but as one problem that we still haven't quite yet covered in this country is implementation so unless that is looked into new fines are useless.

cool3ni said:
I agree some of the fines are ridiculously high but at the same time it's because they are ridiculously low that people do what ever they want on our nation's roads and don't care about getting caught because they know that is a 'petty' fine that they will be paying which is always the case especially for improper use of the PBR.With higher penalty fees drivers 'may' feel inclined to follow the traffic laws of the land but as one problem that we still haven't quite yet covered in this country is implementation so unless that is looked into new fines are useless.

Exactly

Yes I agree with the rise in fines.... The fines was way too little and drivers use to take advantage of that...now that they have to dig deeper into their pockets, it may take a turn for the best.... I like the fact that the taxi drivers now have a dress code (which i forgot to put in) to adhere too....

Vehicle in Maxi Colours was $200 now $ 1000

buh wah d france, so if I like red and white and wanna put my car ind em colors i go get fine? this is an outrage!

I glad now people don't watch me funny when I buckle up! :D

I seeing drivers put up signs encouraging people to buckle up, unfortunately the driver is the one who have to pay sometimes, even though it's the passenger fault... It so inconsistent,.

Yepps jed whp paints their vehicle in maxi colours LOL

$5,000 or face two months jail with hard labour for use of cell phone while driving...i'm so pleased wit dis

Forgive me if this is wrong information, But i heard that the fine for illegal parking has risen from $1000 to $2000.

Yes its true it has risen and just now it will even go higher :wacko:

its on from jan 2011 talkin on cell while drivin is prohibited so u chatter box get ur ear piece or do like me an dont usw it wen drivin!!!

Back