Navigation: In car or phone?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

MangaAddict

LV

I've always considered getting one of those Garmin nav systems, but lately WAZE seems to be my go to in a tight spot. What do you guys use? If you don't know about Waze, it's on the Google Playstore here and itunes here. Get it!

T2E48JezDB3rM0gGvIcUEMj1fPNyIbHb7Sfkk-D-PXryE0tPpzQ0BcCCqnMe5lwMlxE=h900-rw

cdq3CdehJaw679xchoD4GZTTSYbEW6FdgTdMmiwbIS7Q1sVsL4ixlD38A58rkOEiPkQ=h900-rw

iOWwYd5BHtTkA8cL_X_sChzTJUeXAlvmTf9SnRw9KDurbE6B-J_kbhBeso0xgEFuTeY=h900-rw

Waze is extremely helpful in all traffic situations I honestly think that Waze became so successful because of the idea of the trafficking network that they employ

The use of people to improve, suggest and maintain the most up to date news on the roadways is genius!

I always check Waze before I leave home on a journey to see where there is traffic and why it traffic is there

The police alerts and roadwork alerts ain't bad either!!

However I do wish that they would improve the battery usage of the app this thing kills your battery out like nothing!

Yes it does! Waze on the phone i useful . Unlike in the car, you can update waze, see alerts , send messages, track your friends & family etc etc and many more. A car navigation is pretty simple but with the latest technology being created i love WAZE. Gets me anywhere i want to go

I love Waze! It's helped us avoid heavy traffic many times. Sometimes setting locations that aren't automatically stored or readily available can be a bit annoying but I love it in general, though I do wish there were more options. I can't think of any add-ons specifically ATM, but I know there were many instances where I wanted to put a certain notification or something in place and there was no specific option or it just wasn't possible. But I prefer it to the car nav systems I've seen by far. I would recommend that drivers have a passenger to record, search, and track their info though to make it easier for them to drive without the distraction of needing to stop and type or move around the screen. I do this when my husband drives and it's so much easier this way. I love the weather tracking too, especially during flood season!

How about a touch screen radio such as the Sonys with Mirrorlink loaded with Waze fed via an android? Seems like the perfect navi for Trinidad to me.

While I have used a Garmin Nuvi285 with the Venrut map in the past, I think Waze has easily surpassed it in terms of real time updates and the ability to spot hazards and traffic before actually getting on the road makes Waze a winner for all of us.

Hey as i mention that, will Motors have a Waze Team?

How about a touch screen radio such as the Sonys with Mirrorlink loaded with Waze fed via an android? Seems like the perfect navi for Trinidad to me.

While I have used a Garmin Nuvi285 with the Venrut map in the past, I think Waze has easily surpassed it in terms of real time updates and the ability to spot hazards and traffic before actually getting on the road makes Waze a winner for all of us.

Hey as i mention that, will Motors have a Waze Team?

That would be a great idea! Most members drive, most have normal phones lol that would be AWESOME!!!! Hey MODS!!! Come look at this idea!!!!

I love this ...Trinimotors Waze Team sounds like a great idea ! We would know when we pass one another on the road

Indeed, the Waze map is accurate for our country which makes it really useful.

Lol I don't use it but does use Google maps to get a general Idea where I going when I need to

Back