Must-Have Phone Apps

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

Just got a smartphone and I can't remember the apps I used to have or what to look for. What are your "must have" phone apps? Any starter essentials?

Whatsapp, viber, bbm, a game to keep u occupied when you bored, dropbox or whatever cloud storage you use, office......ill put more as i remember

trinimotors app
evernote
youtube
aosp web browser
waze
google drive

lets add:
Es file explorer manager
App Ops
According to saxman Prey Anti Theft. Very similar to find my iphone.

Last edited:
Obviously Trinimotors app
and other include:
Flashlight
youtube
Clean master
waze
Amazon
Handout
Opera
Outlook.com
Messenger

TRINIMOTORS
Google Chrome
Medicine Reminder
My email apps > gmail , hotmail
Social Media > Facebook, Twitter & Messenger & Instagram
Samsung Gear Fit Manager
Lorex Eco Stratus
Ringtone Maker
Mp3 Ringtone Downloader

Awesome suggestions! Can't get some of these on iphone though lol

he has a iphone....find my iphone comes with it once activated he dont need any other apps

I"m still glad Saxman642 pitched in cause now i'm running Prey Anti-Theft, something I never thought about doing previously.

Does Find my iPhone:
- allow you to send SMS commands to your phone even if the SIM is changed?
- tell you the phone number of the new SIM inserted?
- snap pictures of whoever is using your phone covertly?

If "no" to any of the above, then get a secondary anti-theft app. I personally want to have the best possible chance of recovery.

Never hurt to have more than one anti-theft app on your phone. I have THREE on my Note 3.

Checked out some of these suggestions so far and things are going well. I checked out Prey and I love it! Will be adding it to my laptop too.

I started playing Spirit Stones on my Note 3, now I'm playing it on my iphone, it's incredible and very addictive. Check it out!

Can anyone recommend a good anti-theft app for an S4 ? I need one asap! It will be much appreciated

Saxman recommended Prey for anti-theft. I'm using it for both my phone and laptop though neither has been lost or stolen so I can't really review it lol When I had an android phone early last year I had another good one that was supposed to take a picture of the person who got your lock screen password wrong a certain number of times among other features but I can't remember the name or find it on google. Also looking for another anti-theft app, but for iPhone.

Saxman recommended Prey for anti-theft. I'm using it for both my phone and laptop though neither has been lost or stolen so I can't really review it lol When I had an android phone early last year I had another good one that was supposed to take a picture of the person who got your lock screen password wrong a certain number of times among other features but I can't remember the name or find it on google. Also looking for another anti-theft app, but for iPhone.
Think you're referring to lookout's anti-theft. Its only available in the pro version tho. The upside is your do get a 1 week trial of these pro settings. Also check out Avast's anti-theft. That's the one I use and also Android Device Manager (an app from Google to bring Find my iPhone to Android)

ok Nice i needed something stronger .. i also have Where's My Droid. Incase if my phone battery is dead or on silent and lost somewhere close , i can text "where's my droid" to my number and it automatically turns on/turns up the volume and rings so i can find it .

For IOS ppl not sure if android have it...i play shoot the moon lol yall should try it

Think you're referring to lookout's anti-theft. Its only available in the pro version tho. The upside is your do get a 1 week trial of these pro settings. Also check out Avast's anti-theft. That's the one I use and also Android Device Manager (an app from Google to bring Find my iPhone to Android)

I've heard a lot of people recommend Android Device Manager. I actually haven't tried Find my iPhone yet lol

I've heard a lot of people recommend Android Device Manager. I actually haven't tried Find my iPhone yet lol

basically find my iphone is that your iphone is linked to your apple account and once connected to the internet you can always view its location and play sounds from it, erase it etc.....also once its on your iphone cannot be erased unless the password is entered n if its stolen n manage to be erased.. it cannot be activated without the original account owner password... hence the reason i never downloaded any other apps for security......and its on by default on all iphones unless u turn it off for some unkown reason

basically find my iphone is that your iphone is linked to your able account and once connected to the internet you can always veiw its location and play sounds from it, erase it etc.....also once its on your iphone cannot be earsed unless the password is entered n if its stolen n manage to be erased it cannot be activated without the original account owner password... hence the reason i never download any other apps for security......and its own by default in all iphones unless u turn it off for unkown reason

I already have Prey. Would adding Find my iPhone mess with that?

Back