MovieTowne To increase Ticket cost next year 2015

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Just heard MovieTowne owner Derek Chin said today due to the lack of good labor the business community are being affected and also noted that due the economy Ticket prices could increase as early as next year 2015. The last time Movietowne increased their prices was in 2012 from 45 dollars to 50 dollars and the public will understand if we do increase the prices in 2015 so says MovieTowne owner Derek Chin.
If this happens i will not be supporting this, its ridiculous that these business people are making millions if not billions and just because they are not making the same profit like last year they feel its necessary to increase prices to always keep their profit at at stable rate.
So if the economy goes really well next year are they willing to decrease their prices no, profits are the only in their minds and will do anything to make more money.

i barely go to movie towne as is .......... if prices go up, movie towne will go down the drain

popcorn $20 for a pack

Microwave... or ah good pot
lil bit of butter

Fast internet

ah hdmi cable and ah compatible tv

torrents

movies go be watched

talk done.

i find this outrageous! They had changed it back sometime ago to $45 and again to 50 recently. Just imagine when you go there tickets + food = nearly 250TT! If this happens again i don't know what i will do!

Movietowne is really for the rice and well off, why i say this well say minimum wage is 10 per hour (which is true since most places don't pay more than that) you have to work 5 hours just to buy one ticket and i'm sure you cant go by yourself so 10 hours to buy two tickets. Then you have to buy food, so it around 2 days for a normal person pay to go movietowne. I could do with out yes.

to me this is nonsense but people will still go and spend their money so no biggie for the owners but why do you have to pay so much for one single movie ??

Exactly!! All movie Towne is offering is a place to lime... And watch a movie.

I could do the same thing in the garage with ah blanket and ah projector...

In other unrelated news... It have ah new movie auditorium opening... That happens to be in my garage... State of the art equipment! Comfortable accommodations, affordable prices and first class food!

Only $30 ah ticket

Exactly!! All movie Towne is offering is a place to lime... And watch a movie.

I could do the same thing in the garage with ah blanket and ah projector...

In other unrelated news... It have ah new movie auditorium opening... That happens to be in my garage... State of the art equipment! Comfortable accommodations, affordable prices and first class food!

Only $30 ah ticket

Where your garage located boy sounds too good to be true, any place sounding better than Movietowne right now. But i find your ticket price a little hot, food and drinks included?

Where your garage located boy sounds too good to be true, any place sounding better than Movietowne right now. But i find your ticket price a little hot, food and drinks included?
Had better be all inclusive, and have a 3d screen

I only wish another Movie Outlet opens in the Chaguanas area like Caribbean Cinema's 8, AT the moment its only Movietowne and i know some years ago they bought out Globe Cinema in the area some they would be the only Outlet Around.

i remember in the days, Caribbean cinemas 8 was the flick, everyone used to go there, until recently when the standards of the place drop alot!

Yup..south people have it nice now..New CC8 already built..they are just waiting on the media license from the govt .Thank God so Chag MT would get an ease up

Hahaha what is it going on?

For some reason North people don't like central and South people

South people don't like central people

And central people doesn't like North and South people?

All of my friends and family to an extent always following this type of mentality lol I think it's mostly off of fun, but where did it arise from?

Lol we Central people does feel so crowded ..anywhere we go is traffic. I don't know about the prejudice but it will be nice to get an ease from all these south and W/E people coming to see movies all at once.
It does have line from out the door in MT Chag, and if Rain catch you its hard luck

I probably go to movie towne once every 6 weeks or so, if it is a movie that I really wanna see. For example- Fast & Furious. Other than that, the DVD man outside Grand Bazaar/opposite burger and soup places always has the latest movies. Excellent quality too and prices.

Too raise prices again is a bit unscrupulous of Movie Towne management.

Exactly!! In total agreement.... Movie Towne cannot raise their prices...they will loose to much business! It's becoming ridiculous now!

At least Digicel Imax steady
.. But their prices steep there as well

Well best to see Dracula Untold, The Equalizer, Dumb and Dumber 2, November man and all them good movies before price raise

i know eh , IMAX is just expensive, but at least they constantly expensive lol

but for the price, its really not a bad experience, especially the quality of picture, its really good!

Back