MovieTowne Shooting

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

Anybody heard about it? It's not in the papers yet,
This boy got shot in movie towne, after the some robbers went on a spree. I know it was late in the night but what kinda retarded security does be in public places like this? Do they even have?

Hey check the Movie towne Security Manager for this facisco going out of order. He just moved the Main Night Shift Sergeant and things like this was always control by the Sergeant

When did this happen what movie towne chag or port of spain ?

From express:
Gunned down in robbery
Gyasi Gonzales gyasi.gonzales@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, March 8th 2010

A CARENAGE man was shot and killed on Saturday night when he challenged four bandits at the side of the upscale MovieTowne cineplex, in Port of Spain.

The victim, Lendore Taylor, 18, was shot dead around 9.45 p.m. at the Green Park, which separates the cineplex and the Courtyard-Marriott Hotel and BHP building.

According to police, Taylor, another one of his friends named Kwesi Fortune and two others were liming in the park when they were approached by four bandits.

The bandits demanded their wallets, cellular phones and jewelry. Taylor told the bandits that his gold chain was a fake but still they demanded it, police said.

During an argument over the chain, one of the bandits fired three shots at the group. Taylor was hit in his abdomen while Fortune was hit in one of his legs.

Taylor got up and ran a short distance while clutching his abdomen. He slowed down as he approached a small decorative bridge that leads to MovieTowne’s rear car park. As he held on to the bridge, one of the bandits walked up behind him and shot him again. This time in his back, police said. Taylor was killed instantly.

The killers escaped on foot and remained at large up to press time last night.

At the victim’s Baird Street, Carenage home, Joycelyn Sylvester, said her godson was not someone who looked for trouble.

’Bandits just distressing people now,’ she cried.

She said that one of the fondest memories she had of him was that on New Year’s Eve he accepted an invitation to attend church with her.

’I was so elated when I saw him there and I was saying to myself that I shoulda bring him into the church more. Now I regret not doing so,’ she cried.

Police were also called out last night to investigate another shooting incident at Duncan Street, Port of Spain. One man was critically injured and taken to hospital. The murder toll stood at 79 up to press time.

Its not a man Mr reporter its a lil boy!!

i heard this news on the C weekend news last night. Its really sad and disgusting to see what this place is coming to. There is no value for human life in thiss country. I'll bet my last dollar, that the perpetrators were not much older than the victim.

Believe it or not I never went movie towne but ah hear it worst than trincity 1set ah ppl just there doing nothing
Remember security job is not 2 baby sit no little children

Hmmm...well crime happens anywhere. As far as I know, the only authority around the Green Park are the card collectors at the exit, unless there is an hourly patrol. Robbery has always been a part of MT because it is very easy to grab someone's wallet or purse and run across the highway into the streets of Woodbrook. I have seen it happen myself.

@andre: Well I don't think its fair to really compare the two, mostly because Trincity has alot more people because of the mall etc. Based purely on interests, I would say MT has alot more loiters because most of them don't pay to see any movie and just lime outside.

Back