Lost World discovered in New Guinea

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

I came across an article today that scientists have found a "lost world" in a dormant volcano in New Guinea. They climbed down a kilo-meter deep crater and discovered over 40 previously unidentified species living in the remote rain forest. Some of the new species includes; a camouflaged gecko, a fanged frog and a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder, a new rat that may be the biggest rat in the world.

It always amazes me to see that there are still some natural mysteries in this world. I absolutely love seeing places that mankind has not destroyed, nor inhabit.

Read more here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... new-guinea

This is the kinda of stories that intrigue me, i mean they are still places in the word as you said that man has not discovered yet and the plus side we can be assured that Thousands or even millions of new species existing our their still waiting to be found. I wonder if they would find the once extinct dido or maybe even a dinosaur rawr

prob..lol.. maybe one of these days they'll find an animal so baffling that its would require a new classification.lol.. Did you know that there are some places on earth that look like an alien world somewhere out there in the galaxy? I love hunting down articles and pics like that on the web. Plus Bing.com does show lot of really beautiful pics of fantastic places from around the world as a background. They even have little "squares" that display facts, when you hover your mouse pointer over it.

^ i find u rel promoting Bing.com lol......nice find btw!!! These stuff are seriously cool.

EmpireKing said:
^ i find u rel promoting Bing.com lol......nice find btw!!! These stuff are seriously cool.
lol the man find the love of his live is Bing!! :lmfao:
Seriously this is living proof that we still don't know half of what is out there!! Thats a good thing!! There's so many cool things out there.
Those fish sound interesting!GRUNT!! lol. Biggest RAT?? :Blink: Lets hope the dont spread it across the globe lol....or maybe that might be cool!!!

Waw the sight is amazing i could imagine that there is a lost world down there because anything that relates to the physical landscape of volcanoes holds a lot of species that many haven't discovered as yet..

LOOK WHAT I FOUND GLOWING WORMSSS!!
Glow-Worm Grotto caves in New Zealand, have became a compulsory destiny for tourist cause of the Glow Worms. This creature is unik of this country. It can live in any kind of place with a roof and dark, but in this caves, they can be seen by thousands.

What makes this creature amazing, is the way it haunt its preys. These worms are the larvae of a unik kind of fly, which in all its fases are able to produce light. The larvae made their nests of silk and mucus in the cave roofs and from there they release several strings of the same materials. Then , using special chemicals, its tale shines, attracting flying insects like moths to the trap. The confused insects get suddenly glued on the strings, and the worm can just pull it up to enjoy the meal.

When pupas and adults, these creatures use the light to comunicate and get a couple, to restart the cycle of live again.

Many incredible creatures are lost in the deep of seas or are almost invisible, but this one, in one that can be found, seen, and enjoyed.

glow-worm-caves-waitomo.jpg

Back