Locking Wheel nuts

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

tonypuck

LV

I have noticed that on many cars there are four locking wheel nuts on each wheel. You only need one wheel lock for each wheel. It is absolutely unnecessary to have four locking nuts on one wheel. The fact is that if a thief can open one of these locks then they can open them all. Buying 4 sets of four wheel locks at a price of roughly $200 each works out to $800 for a vehicle when it should only cost the $200 to protect all wheels by putting one locking wheel nut on each wheel. Hope this helps someone save some cash, and if you do have 4 nuts on one wheel, sell the other three sets to friends and recoup some of your losses,

Never really saw someone doing that on their vehicle, 4 locking wheel nuts on each wheel is over doing it, i agree with you its a great waste of money.

not to mention a whole lot of time and trouble to remove. its really unnecessary

[h=1]Why Locking Lugnuts Are Worthless- Easy Removal[/h]Courtesy: FordTechMakuloco

[video=youtube;KgyMvuaUhMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgyMvuaUhMQ[/video]

When it comes to theft, I go by this philosophy: If they want it anyway, they'll find a way to take it.

Any petty theif nowadays knows this simple trick, theres no purpose in using these. There may be more of a purpose in using the locking insect covers.

Yeah 4 nuts strategy to keep the vehicle safe is good than one wheel nut.So i would like to apply this on my vehicle so the hazards can be less for me.

Back