License Plates

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

PDH is officially out. Did not get a chance to take a picture but saw a car "PDH 798". Its amazing how fast we get 9999 cars on the road these days. I see more traffic, congestion, road rage and bad drive.

What's your take on this?

yea have seen a good bit already lol more traffic congestion for people who have to go to work in pos lol have no escaping that until trinidad decide to decentralize everything

I haven't seen any yet but I think we're extremely congested for a small country and we're already cutting down on nature/wildlife too much. We may not see the worst of the results but our kids and their kids etc will be left to deal with it.

True, imo I just see more problems and less solutions. With every series that goes by its just 10,000 cars more on the road. I'm just picturing more white Tiidas giving me bad drive and sending up my blood pressure. I'm also seeing more shoddy mechanics and installers doing people injustice.

I know people that have their own vehicles and still travel or carpool heading into Central or North because traffic and parking is just expected to be so bad. Of course we will find traffic just about anywhere for that area's peak times, but there are certain hot spot areas for congestion. Where do all these cars go though? I remember when one letter took a few years to go through and now letters are coming and going before you know it lol

All of these cars are going into parking spaces that are not meant to handle this much congestion. Even the roads are showing signs of it by being so congested all the time. Every house you pass by in the city areas has at least 2 cars in the yard or 2 cars in a garage with 1 or 2 outside. Granted that some cars do crash and end up in scrap yards, the majority are still on the road and come to think of it, in the areas I visit daily, there are mainly new cars with "PDB to PDG" plates on. WHat do people do with their older cars?

True, I wonder as well. I'm sure many parking lots and spaces have not been updated within the last 5 years or so and I believe we have a significantly greater amount of cars now. We're bringing them in faster than we can count but important car related issues eg parking, bad bottleneck traffic areas, etc. are not being updated as well.

True, I wonder as well. I'm sure many parking lots and spaces have not been updated within the last 5 years or so and I believe we have a significantly greater amount of cars now. We're bringing them in faster than we can count but important car related issues eg parking, bad bottleneck traffic areas, etc. are not being updated as well.

UWI and Price Plaza are two such places that come to mind. Even though Price Plaza has been updated with a multi-story car park, it still remains a problematic area to visit during peak times.

Gulf City has been updated as well, so parking is not as difficult as other places but not enough parking centers are taking note IMO. POS is a big tourist hot spot and business zone in our country and many people going to work there that do not have reserved parking will rather leave their vehicles home and carpool or travel every day because there is no parking anywhere near their work buildings. For many matters, we are supposed to go to the head ministry offices etc and unless you plan to reach up North before sunrise, from my experience, you spend just as much time as the business you're planning to attend to, if not more, circling the traffic, looking for a park.

Back