Legally free low spec pc games... for slow computers.

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

:geek: Thread for free liscense pc games mostly low spec games.. ie:
< 1 ghz processing needed
128mb to 300mb ram
0 to 500 mb harddrive space..
For really ancient computers.. please remember to have updated graphics drivers... :D it should allow these games to run properly.
Also have the latest version of direct x or open gl.

Scorched 3d http://scorched3d.co.uk/index.php
Scorched 3D is a game based loosely (or actually quite heavily now) on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth "The Mother Of All Games". Scorched 3D adds amongst other new features a 3D island environment and LAN and internet play. Scorched 3D is totally free and is available for both Microsoft Windows and Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris etc.) operating systems.
Sys requirements
500 MHz Processor
128 Mb RAM (256 MB for Win XP)
200 Mb Hard Disk space (including probable virtual memory usage)
3D Accelerated Graphics Card)

Multiplayer:
Dial-Up Modem (for online multiplayer)
Network Adapter (for LAN multiplayer)

Screen shot from thier website ( i hope it isnt copyrighted)

For those unfamiliar with artillery style games, the idea is to destroy all other tanks on the field without being destroyed yourself. This is accomplished through launching various warheads at your targets, taking into account gravity, wind, terrain, and your oppenents defences. You are tasked with aiming your tank by determining the Power (the momentum energy conferred on your shot, primarily determines distance), Elevation (how steep a slope your shot is launched at), and a new element required by the 3-D nature of Scorched3D, Angle (the adjustment left or right that your shot will initialy travel).
Yeah its turn based :| and after each round when all the tanks are dead or the round limit has passed you can upgrade wepons and shields based on the amount of money you've won. You gain cash by killing other tanks and by surviving the round. Which is difficult because you cant move unless its your turn and you have fuel. Thiey are lots of fancy ways to protect yourself and destroy other tanks and some wepons are best suited for certain shields and locations.
Aiming is hard at first (because of the 3d environment) but it gets easier as you make adjustments to the power, elevation and direction of the shot. There are also the wind factor that can blow your shot off course.
The different effects it probably the thing that makes the game play fun, if you get tired of blowing up tanks one way you can use more powerful, or colorful or just plain wierd bombs or even teleport tanks :p... but be careful you can get blown up too!! Speaking of wierd the tanks for selection :lol: rang from you average green tank.. to helecopters... to sonic the hedgehog!!!! :eek:
This game is fun if you like seeing stuff blown up in strange ways :twisted: , but remember it turn based kinda like battleships :geek: so if you dont like waitng for your turn this may not be for you.

lol. look low spec http://www.naruto-arena.com/ that game give me a headache. lol and these are also good, http://www.gpotato.com/?m=games

flyff.jpg

Babylon 5 Ive Found Her a prequel to another project game
http://ifh.firstones.com/

picture of a ship from the game.. i think
system requirements
OS windows 98/ME/2000/XP
800 MHz or higher CPU
128 MB or more of RAM
3D graphics card supporting OpenGL
Approx. 220 MB of available hard drive space
(227mb file size on download)(from the oficiall game site)
Yes, the game requires a 3D graphics card supporting OpenGL.

IFH (I've Found Her) is the computer game project maintained by Space Dream Factory. It is a space combat simulator. Its storyline is based upon the popular Sci-Fi TV show Babylon 5, so the project is completely noncommercial and should be considered as a kind of fan-fiction and not the real deal.
(softpedia)
The full package does have multiplayer, which they admit is hard on bandwith.. :roll:
It runs pretty well on my pc (really old intel graphics card) better on lower resolutions but the graphics are still reall good. Runs smoothly no low framerate and no sticking.
The there are alot of cut scenes which develop the story (and show some ships and wormholes and stuff,) which is based on the scifi series.
And yeah its a space shooter, which is bloody hard for me cuz i've nerver played one.. but it is easily playable, with practice in the built in simulator. :geek:

Space combat simulator (SCS) refers to a space simulation computer game, the setting of which is for the most part, in outer space. Combat between space ships is usually a major element in these types of games. Many games of this type also include the elements of trade, exploration and building.
thats form the game site too.
I too lame to pass the first stage on easy.... but that doesnt mean its hard it just means i'm lame :cry:

N the ninja game http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/
PC, Mac.
800+ mhz

In N, the player controls a ninja who runs and jumps around levels, picks up gold, opens and closes doors through switches, and avoids enemies in an attempt to trigger a switch which opens an exit door, and get to it safely. Gameplay involves three keys moving left, moving right, and jumping combinations of these moves on various types of terrain allow the ninja to do much more than simply run and jump, such as jumping from wall to wall and onto platforms.
N is composed of episodes, each featuring five levels, numbered 0 through 4. As of version 1.4, the game contains 100 episodes, making up 500 official levels. The goal of each level is to trigger the switch and exit through a door it opens before the 90-second time-limit is up. Some levels have more than one exit and associated switch.
Each episode is given a cumulative time limit. Thus, the aforementioned 90-second time limit only applies to level 0 of each episode. If the player were to collect enough gold (each piece increases the remaining time by 2 seconds) to increase the time limit to over 90 seconds, this time would carry over to level 1, and so forth until the player reaches level 4 of the episode.
N also contains a feature that adds support for custom, user-made levels through a built-in level editor. Some fan-made maps are given to players with the game's download. Levels can be added into a game by modifying a text file that contains user level data; adding level data to this file allows user levels to be played in a timed setting, though it does not support the episode structure of the main game.
(wikipedia)
Yeah its good :D Really good physics engine...you'd notice it when you die :? no multiplayer yet its possibly in the next realease.

i luv dat game......played it a while bak rel damn addictive

Usually i test the games but here goes
Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (FREE FULL GAME)
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware ... GAME.shtml
Full multiplayer only shooter, 257mb download. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a standalone game requiring no previous installation other than Direct X 8.1
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter. It's a team game; you will win or fall along with your comrades. The only way to complete the objectives that lead to victory is by cooperation, with each player covering their teammates and using their class special abilities in concert with the others.

Featuring multiplayer support for as many as 64 players, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory challenges gamers to the ultimate test of teamwork and strategy. Each of the five character classes is critical to a team's ultimate victory or defeat on the battlefield. The Covert Operative class allows players to steal uniforms, perform reconnaissance and gain access to enemy positions.

While, the Engineer allows the Axis and Allied teams to lay and diffuse mines as well as build battlefield bridges, towers, forward command bases and other improvements in the midst of combat to gain advantages for their team.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory further online players the option to slug it out in the intense Team Last-Man-Standing game mode, where squad-mates cooperate to ensure their team has the last surviving man on the battlefield.

With new game modes, character classes, weaponry, and added tactical skills, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory will keep gamers in the trenches for hours.
Softpedia.
;)

^Nice.. I Always Play Soldier Of Fortune 2 Online.. "De Admin" Came By Me 2 Days Ago An He Was Playin It.. Although He Died Every 5 Seconds..

been playin this game for a couple days now and all i can say is OMFG.....its awesome

Combat Arms.....

an online fps where u join servers buy weapons and lvl up in rank to get new guns and armor...its fun and the file is quite small <500mbs

http://combatarms.nexon.net/

just go there...register and download the client, the game has great graphics

Lol.. My Gf Does Pung 1, 2 And 3... An She Like Feeding Frenzy An DX Ball 2.. She Sick Yes Lol..

Sauerbraten Main http://sauerbraten.org/
http://www.cubeengine.com/files.php4 files
Sauerbraten (a.k.a. Cube 2) is a free multiplayer/singleplayer first person shooter, built as a major redesign of the Cube FPS.
Much like the original Cube, the aim of this game is not necessarily to produce the most features & eyecandy possible, but rather to allow map/geometry editing to be done dynamically in-game, to create fun gameplay and an elegant engine.
Specs umm.. low... :icon_lol:

Back