laqtel relpacement due after Feb 2009

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

death365

LV

laqtel dead (R.I.P) so long an no word yet on thr replacement to them .

the ttta has no info on there site or any press release with info .

come om people we (Trini's) desverve better than this ... :icon_cheesygrin:

Re: no laqtel relpacement

I taught they said 3 new companies was on stand by verison and 2 other what happen to them

Re: no laqtel relpacement

found this thru google alerts this morning :

­The telecoms regulator in the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago has announced plans to award a 3rd mobile license in the country. The regulator says that the license will be for radio spectrum in both the 800Mhz and 1900Mhz bands, which leaves the market open to both GSM and CDMA operators.

The country currently has two mobile operators. A third operator, Laqtel was granted an operating license in 2005, but was perpetually unable to pay its license fees and had its license cancelled earlier this year.

The tender process closes next February, and the process is open to any interested entity, who is not already a concessionaire, or a significant shareholder (shareholding of 30% or more) in a concessionaire for public domestic mobile telecommunications network and services in Trinidad and Tobago.

source website : http://www.cn-c114.net/576/a358679.html also tatt link : http://www.tatt.org.tt/ddocs/News_Relea ... RFP_Ad.pdf

o it seems we will have one after feb 2009 ... yeah !!!

re: laqtel replacement due after Feb 2009

How long... How long must my people suffer two evil telecomcompanies. It's about time we got a third evil one :). Actually All I want is a new type of network not the same old gsm lol. One with more band yaay... hopefully that means cooler services.
but let me wait til they actually announce someone :)

Yea guys i what one of those big American mobile companies coming down here then you will see pressure digicel and tstt getting. The only reason tstt give us better service is because of digicel, so if we get 2 more mobile companies we will get more better service better rates so on

i was thinking softbank or SK Telecom or tim or even vodaphone

I would like vodaphone and t mobile to come hey are really good so i heard

i think we could get a south korean or japan operator cause the spectrum is cdma @ 800 (i think , check the pdf ) or gsm / 3g - 4g (lte/wimax)

me no like amercian providers caise they have some weird non-international 3g bands . at&t = 1900 3g tmobile 1700 3g rogers(canada) 850 3g. Where as the rest of the world is 2100 3g

hoss, most fone's are quad or ti band the usually av those frequencies in em. dual band phones should be banned, there like soo gayyy. rogers is a gay network, they over charge the poor ca ppl for data services. at&t is cool, i get like 500kbs down on there 3g, and tmobile i get about 347kbs. i wan get some hsdpa speed [1mbs] lolz. 2100 wat is that???. bmobile is 1800mhz rite and digicel 800/1900mhz, cdma is limited, not all the good fone come out on cdma, but u get full signal in out of timin places, and hardly ne dropped calls, and quick data service

way i now hearin about that. lol. wat phone have that? but thats 3g tech. wimax phones comin out. soo that like weird

Back