ISPs in T&T

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Lorenzo

LV

Are there ANY good service providers in this country? There are a few that I know of.. Greendot, Flow, Blink & Mayaro Cable & Internet[only for people in that area]. I have experience with all 3 besides Greendot.. Blink didn't work when raining, Flow is slow as hell from 6pm up to 11pm, Mayaro Cable and Internet had frequent disconnections[I used that ISP when I lived in that area]..

Right now I'm thinking of testing out Greendot, the only thing is a 3mbps connection is $228.. Is it worth it and are there any worthwhile ISPs in our country?

All i can speak personally about is Blink (TSTT) and its a very crappy service, I heard from my girlfriend alot of bad things about flow and i did also experienced the issues when i'm by her. Its seems in this third world country a simple reliable internet connection is very hard to come by.

All i can speak personally about is Blink (TSTT) and its a very crappy service, I heard from my girlfriend alot of bad things about flow and i did also experienced the issues when i'm by her. Its seems in this third world country a simple reliable internet connection is very hard to come by.

I also used Digicel's 4G service[via data plan+tethering].. That's a 1mbps connection for your mobile device. It worked well with my laptop. Also used one of the mifi dongles and gotta say, no problems with it. The only real problem is that it's limited, you gotta buy the data. A 10 minute Youtube video uses at least 40MB of data..

Having had both of them, neither has better service. Greendot is very expensive but from what I remember, it worked quite well.

Having had both of them, neither has better service. Greendot is very expensive but from what I remember, it worked quite well.

I'll test the 3mbps connection, even though everyone keep saying "FLOW BEST INTERNET, GET THEM!

Flow is not the best, I experienced more frustration with Flow than with Blink in my area.

I think certain companies do better in certain areas. I'm currently using Blink and Bakie's Internet (South only). Blink has been quite disappointing and will be terminated soon. Bakie's is better in some ways, not all but you get more MB for your money.

Blink:

• Downloads very slowly, subpar at best. May take all night to get a couple episodes of a show.
  • At certain times of the day/night the internet is so slow it takes over a minute to load a page or cannot load anything at all
  • Often struggles to stream videos, lots of buffering required and sometimes it just takes too long to reach that point
  • Easily affected by weather. Rain etc = little to no internet
  • Sometimes it stops working for no reason
  • Mobile apps work so slow it hinders conversations (eg Whatsapp, Messenger)

Bakies:

• Downloads insanely fast, May take 10-30 minutes to download an entire season of a show, depending on how many episodes. Single episodes are a few minutes at most.
  • Twice the MB for less money.
  • Videos immediately stream, no buffering necessary.
  • Sometimes it stops working for no reason, possibly more often than Blink.
  • Sometimes everything else (downloading, video streaming, etc) is working fine but web pages struggle to load.
  • Mobile apps probably work just as slow if not slower than Blink (eg whatsapp, messenger) but sometimes pick up (when it feels like it I guess)
  • Oblivious to weather (so far).

However, people close to my area that have Flow have had positive experiences with it compared to Blink especially.

All I've heard about Greendot is that they are pricey, but no feedback on service.

Last edited:
I think certain companies do better in certain areas. I'm currently using Blink and Bakie's Internet (South only). Blink has been quite disappointing and will be terminated soon. Bakie's is better in some ways, not all but you get more MB for your money.

Blink:

• Downloads very slowly, subpar at best. May take all night to get a couple episodes of a show.
  • At certain times of the day/night the internet is so slow it takes over a minute to load a page or cannot load anything at all
  • Often struggles to stream videos, lots of buffering required and sometimes it just takes too long to reach that point
  • Easily affected by weather. Rain etc = little to no internet
  • Sometimes it stops working for no reason
  • Mobile apps work so slow it hinders conversations (eg Whatsapp, Messenger)

Bakies:

• Downloads insanely fast, May take 10-30 minutes to download an entire season of a show, depending on how many episodes. Single episodes are a few minutes at most.
  • Twice the MB for less money.
  • Videos immediately stream, no buffering necessary.
  • Sometimes it stops working for no reason, possibly more often than Blink.
  • Sometimes everything else (downloading, video streaming, etc) is working fine but web pages struggle to load.
  • Mobile apps probably work just as slow if not slower than Blink (eg whatsapp, messenger) but sometimes pick up (when it feels like it I guess)
  • Oblivious to weather (so far).

However, people close to my area that have Flow have had positive experiences with it compared to Blink especially.

All I've heard about Greendot is that they are pricey, but no feedback on service.

Residential-packages | BLINK Broadband Blink has some new and interesting packages.

Broadband Internet ? Green Dot Limited ? Trinidad & Tobago Greendot as well. I'll make sure to test Greendot and give some feedback but these new GPON packages from blink looks too tempting haha

Something interesting to note. Digicel's 3.5G works pretty well. I never had any trouble with it, always works, always fast, much more consistent than the home connections from our two favourite providers.

I forgot about this thread! lol The blink packages were unavailable in my area and I ended up switching to Bakie's. Their service eventually started fluctuating as well and when questioned, they admitted that the routers they sold were faulty and expected customers to go out of pocket to buy their own in addition to buying from them despite their packages promising to supply and cover the cost of the router! They ended up replacing the router themselves and my internet is back on, flawlessly!

I used Digi data a couple years back and it worked very well also.

Lol I'm surprised they admitted that to you! I will say its good customer service if a rep told you all of that.

@ grim: they're only available in certain parts of South, that's probably why lol

@nirtime: I was surprised too! Despite the unpleasant news, they were honest and we will be upgrading the package with them soon. Still no problems with the new router since.

Back