Is the term 'Rape' Overused ?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

In today's society the word Rape is too over used by especially our future generation ..

Youths say it in contexts such as :

"Omg This exam raped me !
I am soo going to rape my fridge when i get home"

Rape is a very bad , horrifying , saddening word that should only be used in society for such a tragic incident . Our society today has become soo open and has no care for when or which situation words should be used .. It's like it has lost meaning. I was reading an article about rape victims finding that the word is too explicit to be used like that because no one really knows what it means until they have experienced it .. Yes some people say its their choice and its not a big deal but personally i agree , rape is too overused !

What do you guys think?

Yes, I feel a lot of people do not use the word "rape" properly. I mean, they use it in regular conversations way too much.

I do not have a problem with it though, I do not pay much attention to it.

Yes, in my opinion the word is used inappropriately by many. there are many more adjectives and verbs to describe bad experiences. come on let us expand our vocabulary!

Back