Is Flashing custom ROMs okay?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
I am wondering whether it is absolutely okay to flash ROMs in your smartphones or do they open up avenues for viruses, adwares and malwares?

I don't interfere lol I know someone who changed ROMs regularly on android and had many problems with way too frequent crashing on some ROMs, not sure if viruses etc were ever an issue.

depends on the rom lol and if it's stable etc I flashed some b4 in my lifetime lol but most developers make there roms as safe as possible and regularly update them eg. CM roms

Last edited:
There will always be an Avenue for failure in that unless the rom is updated frequently enough there will be security vulnerabilities.

Roms such as Cyanogenmod and Paranoidandroid are safe and generally run very stable with far superior performance to the factory rom.

Issues will arise in any rom even stock Roms so thats not uncommon but as for major issues, stick with popular Roms and there wont be many problems.

In my experience it has been mostly safe and pleasurable. But that is due to taking the time to read and execute the process properly since most of the time if there are any ads and that sort its due to apps integrated within the rom and not the rom itself. However this is highly uncommon if you stick with reputable Roms or Roms which have received high praise.

Nb: Backup your Efs partition before flashing anything.

as im sadly back android when i get fed up im going back into rooting and flashing lol bad habits

hahaha ever since i had a phone that run maemo i had this habit anythin i couldnt get later updates lmao

Yuh understand, I was like that until I got fed up or maybe Android is just too much the same from 4.0 until now.

Back