i wanna kno

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkinky

LV

tragic as teh incident was......i wud really like to know how them 2 uwi ppl got into the river to start wid...they was crossin on a log?or walkin thru the river?

if was ullyuh wat ullyuh wud do?
i seein water fuh so i sleepin my ass in d bush!!!!

Thats the point if they knew there was water they wouldn't have done that. A tourguide on tv said that its impossible to know when a river is going to flood. It look like they were just hiking normally when a flash flood catch them. People unfamiliar with that area would get catch real easy if they dont know how water does move.

it is impossible yes...but ina river all this mass of water don t jus hide behind the bend in the river and wait fuh ppl to enter teh river and rush down on dem.....even in the dry river in POS residents and victims have heard teh water rushin down......

anyhows the other girl died....... wat could of been done differently then? faced with a situation liek that wat wud of been best to do?

Find higher ground maybe shelter and wait it out. True water dont sneak up on people what i meant was that its really deceptive. It only takes two feet of water to make some cars float. Imagine how fast and hard water does be moving a normal drain has enough power to knock people off thier feet, imagine how strong some rivers are. It all depends on how well they judged the current of the river but i'm sure it was strong because of the incline of the hills if it were a plain you may be able to safely attempt it.

Yes thats true what Raucous Said It Takes Only A Small Amt of rushing water to sweep someone off their feet...

-Karina said:
Yes thats true what Raucous Said It Takes Only A Small Amt of rushing water to sweep someone off their feet...
:eek: u fall down plenty times in flood waters lol

i read the papers late ...the hike leader said he decided to take the party back out wen he heard thunder etc...some replied that they not leavin cause they in the water for 30mins alone...ah mean thas stupidness....u ehh no bush person...look teh man and club credibility is at stake here now...

tinkin bout it a night in the bush wen rain fallin is PRESSURE!!!!!!!! jah knows d indian does wuh ded wen he fisihin and rain wettin him whole nite on dem rock in toco!!!!!but that river where those ppl died runs directly back to the eastern main road...all they had to do was follow the river....then again there was no plan B

firstly it is really tragic wat happened, but the real question here is why are people going hiking in July and secondly if the weather was bad why didn't the hike masters call off the hike? and thirdly how did 2 people manage to get lost from the group? The hike master was supposed to ensure that every1 was together before even leaving, and my last point why wasn't they more that 1 hike master ? it was a group of seventy, they should have atleast 7 guides !!!!!!!!

Well according to mr kinky if people want to do what they want there's nothing much the hike master could do. He can't force them to go back with him. I dont really have a problem with hiking in the rainy season any place has its dangers but people like to assume they could handle it when they truly cant. Hikers need to educate themselves with the terrain they are on, every hike is different even for places you've already been. I'll put it this way, contrary to popular belief hiking is no walk in the park. There are inherent risk but there are also precautions that prevent these things from happening. Apparently someone failed to do take those precaution. It shouldn't be up to us to say who especially since we weren't there.

i wonder if there was any briefing about saftey of hikers in the event....before these ppl left for teh hike...

is there any official accreditation board for the efficient training of hike leaders that deals with treatment of injuries durin a hike etc in trinidad and tobago??i never really found out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back