I RAN AWAY TO MARRY

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
n1.jpg

Eighteen-year-old Rajdaye Dian Rampersad, who was at first reported missing from a temple in Point Fortin at the weekend, was yesterday enjoying wedded bliss with her husband Rikesh Ryan Ramjit, 27, the man who was accused of "kidnapping" her.

They were married about 70 hours after she was reported missing.

Relating her love affair with Ramjit, son of religious leader Rohan Ramjit of the Shiv-Shakti Mandir at Grant's Trace, Rousillac, Rampersad said: "I left my parents' home of my free will. I told my parents that we loved each other and wanted to get married, but they did not agree, because he was married before."

She added: "Nobody kidnapped me from Point Fortin. I walked out of the temple to Dam Road Junction and then I called my friends to pick me up. I did not talk to Ryan for 22 days. Only when they said I was kidnapped I called Baba (the pundit) to say where I was staying."

Rampersad's parents of Kanhai Road, Barrackpore, reported to police that she was taken out of the compound of the Dam Road Hindu temple in Point Fortin by two men on Friday morning. She denied the charge.

Slim, attractive and dressed in blue shalwar kameez (Indian outfit) with her centre hairline adorned with sindoor (vermilion), the mark of a married Hindu woman, Rampersad did not look threatened or brainwashed yesterday.

She openly admitted that she knew Ramjit for almost two years and they had a long-standing relationship, known to her mother. She said she had stayed a while at Ramjit's home before they "ran away" and that their "love for each other" was known to everyone they knew.

At the police station on Monday, Rampersad said: "The police asked me if I wanted to go with my parents or Baba and my husband and I chose to come with my husband."

They said they did not expect the marriage to be registered for another two weeks.

Rikesh Ramjit, who was divorced about 18 months ago, said: "On December 17, we ran away and went by a pundit to get married. When the pundit heard the name of my father, he refused to marry us without informing my parents."

Pundit Ramjit, and his wife Sookdaye, who have three other children, said they tried to talk to Rajdaye's parents about the couple's decision to get married "in order to save their lives, because they had threatened to commit suicide". The Rampersads, however, refused to listen, he said.

Rampersad's mother, Bissoondaye Mona Rampersad, said her daughter was "brainwashed" by people at the temple and that she was being held against her will.

The tearful mother said yesterday: "How would you feel that you cannot see or talk to your only child. They refused to let me talk to her. She was crying when I see she in the police station, but the man took her and walked out. I cannot eat or sleep since she disappeared."

Rampersad's father, Charan Rampersad, has called on the pundit to produce documents to prove that Rajdaye was "legally" married to Rikesh. "Where are the documents? We don't know where she staying, and they do not want us to talk to her. If I talk to my daughter and know that she is happy and that she was married legally, then we would be satisfied, but right now, I do not believe that."

Pundit Ramjit said he did not stop his new "daughter-in-law" from talking to her parents. "But because of all that happened with police coming and searching my home, disrupting my prayers and scaring my family and devotees, I would not allow them to come on my compound. They can talk to their daughter on the road."

Rampersad said she was willing to talk with her parents "only if they are willing to listen to me".

This girl put her parents and her family true stress, what goes around comes around, All this kinda of shit for a man and he married too hmmm

Now that i heard it and the evidence...it is evident that she said she was leaving and plus she was told them and they didn't listen

PARENTS NEED TO BE UNDERSTANDING TO THEIR CHILDREN AND REMEMBER ITS THEIR DECISION AND U HAVE TO BE HAPPY..WHEN U CHOOSE NOT TO LISTEN THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU

If she told them she was going to run away why all the hype about her being missing. She made a choice and her parents should have supported her.

U know...But i mean this is what confuses the police and them man...to know that 3 OF them was missing and they found 1 of them dead and then to hear the next one run away..that not nice at all

at least she should have told someone when she left the temple, she just leave just so, she put the pubic at large for fear, she wasted the time of the police and the people who searched for her

i strongly believe that the police was not looking for her...they knew exactly where she was...as well as the parents....The girl is an LOVE with the man who had a divorced 8 months ago...Yeah all for love...

8 months.. aam that not that long. Is love right.. I hope it is. You know if her parents were more understanding she wouldn't have resorted to that extreme. Her parents must have been hard on her for her to have to do that. If they quarrel with she them she right to do this. If they had been more calm with her she wouldn't have been driven to the man.

Then she could be fooled by LOVE...Remember she jus 18 years old and the man is in the late twenties and he was married before....So i guess too that's what the parents did not want for there daughter... Well now that they are married, i do hope they may it right...

I really wish her the best bcuz if he leaves her that wud be a sad case for what she did for him

I was thinking the same thing...If that man really leaves her, it will scare her... Alll this publicity for what?????

Back