Hyper silver coating

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Hi everyone, I have a set of original wheels which came from the factory on my Hilux. It's a 2008 sr5 with the hyper silver coating.
Over time from being a bit weathered in storage, they are rusting and the coating has faded.

I want to put them back on eventually and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the hyper silver redone locally or whether I can do it myself?

Duplicolour makes a spray paint called hyper silver which seems to work great however it seems to require a specific method of application and I'm afraid of getting dust in the finish.
Please advise me if you have experience with this paint as well.

You could try plastidip instead.

Main advantage being you can peel it off if it doesn't come out right.

www.dipyourcar.com

This is something I plant to do with my car next month, plastidip many areas inside and outside my car

You could try plastidip instead.

Main advantage being you can peel it off if it doesn't come out right.

www.dipyourcar.com

This is something I plant to do with my car next month, plastidip many areas inside and outside my car
I thought about it . Good idea. The only down side is finding a place locally to buy this stuff.
Please post about your results, the other members and myself would be really interested to see how it turns out for you.

I've seen the videos I know about them I just don't have access to order from them which is the only reason I can't do that because it's the easiest thing to do.

I will consider plastidipping them but I may end up with a fresh coat of paint seeing as they are meant to handle abuse.

Nice to know about these wheels.But now i have already 5 pairs of wheels present in my workshop.But if i need these wheels so i will told you about it.

Back