How To Stop Snoring

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Snoring can be a big issue especially if you sleep with a partner ..Here are some common causes of snoring

Age. As you reach middle age and beyond, your throat becomes narrower, and the muscle tone in your throat decreases.
The way you?re built. Men have narrower air passages than women and are more likely to snore. A narrow throat, a cleft palate, enlarged adenoids, and other physical attributes that contribute to snoring are often hereditary.
Nasal and sinus problems. Blocked airways make inhalation difficult and create a vacuum in the throat, leading to snoring.
Being overweight or out of shape. Fatty tissue and poor muscle tone contribute to snoring.
Alcohol, smoking, and medications. Alcohol intake, smoking, and certain medications can increase muscle relaxation leading to more snoring.
Sleep posture. Sleeping flat on your back causes the flesh of your throat to relax and block the airway.

Some suggested solutions to ease/stop snoring

Lose weight. Losing even a little bit of weight can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease or even stop snoring.

Exercise can also help to stop snoring. Working out to tone your arms, legs, and abs, for example, also leads to toning the muscles in your throat, which in turn can lead to less snoring.

Quit smoking. If you smoke, your chances of snoring are high. Smoking causes airways to be blocked by irritating the membranes in the nose and throat.

Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives, especially before bedtime, because they relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing. Talk to your doctor about any prescription medications you?re taking, as some encourage a deeper level of sleep which can make snoring worse.

Establish regular sleep patterns. Create a bedtime ritual with your partner and stick to it. Hitting the sack in a routine way together can help you sleep better and often minimize snoring.

Awesome tips! I think most snorers I know sleep on their backs come to think of it lol When allergies are at their worse, sinus problems sometimes cause my son and I snore as well.

Yup some allergies can swell the muscles in the throad and cause snoring.
Snoring is usually a product of an underlying issue. Many should get checked out if they dont know the cause of their snoring.

One time this man was snoring and he had no idea why. It became so bad in the night that when we wakes up his voice is hoarse. Later down the road , he began to having short breaths and a stifling feeling. He eventually ended up by the doctor who diagnosed him with oesophagus cancer . The snoring was a sign of tumors growing in his oesophagus . Sad !

Yup some allergies can swell the muscles in the throad and cause snoring.
Snoring is usually a product of an underlying issue. Many should get checked out if they dont know the cause of their snoring.

One time this man was snoring and he had no idea why. It became so bad in the night that when we wakes up his voice is hoarse. Later down the road , he began to having short breaths and a stifling feeling. He eventually ended up by the doctor who diagnosed him with oesophagus cancer . The snoring was a sign of tumors growing in his oesophagus . Sad !

My word.... That is very unfortunate. All the more reason to take it very seriously. I have experienced people snoring and they cannot get air to breath, they resort to breathing through their mouths and they are sound asleep. Its really not a nice thing.

Wow that's terrible! I know a few dangerously loud snorers. Recorded a couple of them for proof (because when it's keeping you up at night, what else are you gonna do? lol) and one thought it was a machine, the other thought their snoring was a chainsaw recording lol

Back