How to custom mount tweeters in factory sail panels

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

So I spent a lot of time researching custom tweeter mounts for bolting aftermarket tweeters behind the factory sail panels on the interior side of the mirror. That didn't go so well as I did not wish to hack up the OEM tweeter pods or the OEM tweeter brackets.

With that said, I took a piece of Sheet rock furring channel, the metal that is used to screw gypsum sheets to and I cut a piece using a Stanley Fatmax Shears. I then proceeded to bend this furring to match the shape of the OEM tweeter bracket and I screwed my tweeter housing into one end using a self tapper and then drilled a large hole for the OEM bolt to go through on the other end.

Afterwards I affixed the tweeter housing and then bolted the custom bracket to the door and this didn't fit perfectly so I took the oem tweeter panel and aligned it with the clips on the door where the tweeter panel clips into and then I slightly adjusted my tweeter bracket to fill the tweeter area only so it did not cause any hiccups when reinstalling the panel. I then used a piece of Closed Cell foam behind the bracket to ensure that there would be absolutely no rattles and to date there have been no issues what so ever.

Its a great solution for those who do not wish to modify the original panels.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421426974042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421426974042.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421427137510.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421427137510.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421427195196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421427195196.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34
Back