how much watts does a computer draw?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
This is calculator give a very broad rating as to what wattage you should use. It is very far from actual requirements. A decent graphics card alone would require at least a 400-450 watt power supply to properly operate the card as well as other devices in the system.. I entered my info and it recommended a measley 306 watts. That's gonna destroy my card..lol. Anyways, its a helpful little tool for those who are thinking of building a rig and wanna know on average what power supply to get. Then again, anyone who is capable of building his own machine will probably know what to get.

The post is not misleading. the calculator was meant to be a guide to novices. You contributed a good post.

^^^but next ting yuh know my post make ppl bunn down they pc???

weyyyyyyyyyyyy

lol

Nah man. dey aint go do that. Plus PC are so advanced now that the pc will either not "come" on or it would shut itself down to prevent hardware damage. So dey safe for the hour! lol

lol...if your computer was not plugged into a surge protector, line conditioner or UPS, then that could happen. The supply of electricity from T&TEC is not always constant. Someitmes it fluctuates. If the voltage is too low or high it can damage some of your system harware. Most likely your pc was subjected to a surge. that is what burned out your motherboard.

Do you know that if your appliances are damaged by a surge or poor quality electricity from T&TEC, they are liable to replace you damage appliance?

Back