Hdc Racket!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

First of all let me start by saying i am not a political person and i do not vote. So as we all heard on the news that HDC is giving out 100 homes every week until election and the PP Government promises that when they are elected back into power, it will continue. They have also said that renters who are staying in an apartment for over 30+ years are to pay $100 dollars per month. The PP Promised that the HDC programme was not rigged and there was no bribery in this program.
WHAT UTTER NONSENSE!

UNFAIRNESS: Rich People who can actually afford to buy land and house are entering the HDC programme just to acquire a house and then sell it for bigger profit or rent it out while they stay elsewhere. People who badly need the houses are deprived of a HDC home and are waiting more than 10 years +. My aunty who has met all the qualifications have been waiting 16 years now for a home. Why don't those rich business people give people others a chance who really need it !

IT HAS BEEN ALLEGED FROM HERE SAY THAT :

1. People that have close ties with the HDC programme or PP Government are collecting bribes from people to put their names on the waiting list. A certain business owner paid 20-50k to get her name moved onto the waiting list for a HDC home in the OASIS , Endeavour, Chaguanas. Sad to say she got through yes!

2. People in high power are also offering, If you do not want to wait, you pay close to 75-100k to buy the houses cash, no mortgage paid after that as the house is yours. Can you just imagine this ? However, these are for the older settlements.

3. Some Govt Officials are telling their employees and their immediate families to apply for the HDC houses and they will fast track the applications.

4. Some big heads in the government are buying acres of cheap land but under someone else name. They usually put it under the construction company's name they are hiring to do the job. After developing the land, they build houses intended for HDC or leave the land as it is and sell it to the government to make a higher profit. Then the government takes over from there.

Please look at this photo down below taken from this week papers and tell me you don't see bribery happening. How can young individuals get these houses? The girl in black is alledged to be 25 years old and she is the daughter of a business owner . Older and qualified people have been in the system for years and have not gotten through and suddenly people in their early 20s getting through?? Nah man ! I want answers

14oac2g.jpg

Please note : All alleged points were from here-say by a well-knowledge government employee. We do not know if this is truth or not , however this is sounding pretty true from what i am seeing

Not going to agree or disagree without the statistics since it cannot be proven due to the well hidden nature of corruption.

What I will say is that the honest people will really need the houses aren't getting them as much as necessary.

I will believe it because i take one look at them family owners them keys going to and some people are in their early 20s .
I think it is unfair to the people that are waiting so long in the system and really need it .

I don't mind if young people are getting houses; they may be in need as well and you can never truly know what is going on despite their family's position. I will not place much doubt on those stats though based on what I know.

I visited someone in the mid 2000's who was renovating their 2 story HDC home. The person had their own family of 4 as well as the family of another relative (another family of 4) living upstairs and was planning to renovate the downstairs to bring another relative's family in. I was told that the person worked in a certain government building since the 80's to that point and that everyone in that office was given an HDC home. Some moved into theirs, others gave it to family members in need, some sold it, and some rented it.

I know a couple who were given an HDC home to rent for a few hundred a month around 2010 very shortly after applying to HDC only a few months before. They already resided in a large family home, one spouse owned a significant portion of a property and was collecting rental income, and the other was given a house valued at approx. 3.1 mil from a relative around the same time. On the HDC site it is specified that you must not have any property shares or completely owned etc in your name and can be held legally accountable if you lie about not having any; seems whoever handled their business missed the memo.

I will not say the entire process is hopeless though. Despite hearing from many people that they are waiting 15+ years and only now getting appointments to be met (NOTE: not immediately granted the house), I know a young single mother of a young child who was given a house last year. She was very much in need and I am glad it worked out for her. However, she also assisted with election campaigns and went through a lot of run-around meeting MPs and other officials for years before this happened, so that may have helped her case despite being in need.

Its easy to put property on other people's names and fix your business to suit. In that way its easy to qualify for the requirements.

However it is true that people who have been waiting are not being granted a house despite having legit reasons and genuinely needing it while waiting for over a decade.

I am glad to see that the rare those in need people are getting homes atleast.

Yes, the person who gave me these stats also told me u can contribute to their campaign and get a home very fast

Tbh, though the corruption is frustrating, sometimes I think I'd rather deal with paperwork corruption than the physically violent crimes but it's sad to even ponder that at all.

i wish i can experience communism where everyone is equal and no one is rich or poor BUT this is only a fariytale.

Tbh, though the corruption is frustrating, sometimes I think I'd rather deal with paperwork corruption than the physically violent crimes but it's sad to even ponder that at all.

Honestly I wonder this as well. it would be less frightening to know you don't have to worry about being robbed with a gun but then you do have to worry about getting your money thief out and have no redress.

i wish i can experience communism where everyone is equal and no one is rich or poor BUT this is only a fariytale.

I lived in a country with a communist gov't: not all it's chalked up to be. Very good for the less fortunate, very bad for the wealthy (which includes those who have worked their way up). As with many things, the middle class gets caught in the crossfire between the two and usually comes out at the bottom when they can neither afford to work/pay around the problems, nor qualify for the assistance the less fortunate would receive.

I lived in a country with a communist gov't: not all it's chalked up to be. Very good for the less fortunate, very bad for the wealthy (which includes those who have worked their way up). As with many things, the middle class gets caught in the crossfire between the two and usually comes out at the bottom when they can neither afford to work/pay around the problems, nor qualify for the assistance the less fortunate would receive.

I would like to know more about this! I learned about communism in school but never explored it outside of the very isolated and torn up theory.

I would like to know more about this! I learned about communism in school but never explored it outside of the very isolated and torn up theory.

What do you want to know? Ask away!

Back