HANG OR NOT TO HANG?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
SO FOR ME HANG THEM BLASTED A@$#%$^%&*^(*()*((^&y^$%#@$@#@#$#%!!!!!!!

Hang them not only does it get rid of them but harsher penalties must be put in place. This lady talking about blah blah how that won't be right...WTF WRONG WITH HER?? Imagine someone come into your house beat yuh up, rape your wife and daughter in front of you to watch , laughing at you , kill your son and then kill all of you or kill them for fun and leave you there for a lifetime of hurt...............LOOK AT THAT MOTHER Who's husband was shot dead by 3 little indian boys for just music in his car...HE HAVE A 5MNTH SON AND A WIFE! Who going to father that boy? Oh and yes the other part is it effective? Why, Yes! You kill some one spend 5 yrs in jail and still coming back out selling drugs and committing crime. Hang them..I have no compassion for murderers or their family and i stick on that !! Hard luck for their wives and children and whoeva! My family was victims of crime...I had a cousin who was killed by a little teenager ! You don't think i want justice..i would to see it served !

hang them if they kill they are not humans anymore, not in the mental state. To kill some one not suffer for the act is unjustice so hell yea hang them

I don't support hanging but they should have other alternatives like the shocking thing or the injection thing. Hanging is jus wrong. I do agree there are alot of criminals who deserve greater punishment than jail sentencing but hanging is jus wrong.

Hahaha hanging they gunna feel the pain and suffering! Hanging is inhumane? Dont you think what they did was inhumane! Cut ah man like ah chicken and love what they did!!!! Hang them done talk

I don't think one feels pain when they are hanged... The rope goes around the neck and BAM. the neck is broken that loses cirulation and breathing. The real torture is knowing when and what's going happen. The stress. panic, anxiety ,.. one can get a heart attack before they get hang.

well do sumthing to make them leave the world knowing what they have done...killing is pleasure to predators id time they get sum of their medicine yes

IT have enough criminals in jail, and it hardly have any more space, also i don't want my hard tax paying dollars going towards paying for the meals for these bastards so hang them

Hang them.

Peoples i was watching a show i rather disagree and go wit lethal injection so they could feel everything in slow motion and suffer more slowly

You don't feel anything with lethal injection. They pump you full of painkillers then pump you full of drugs to cause your muscles to lock up then pump in the poison. It's just like putting down a dog. They kill you, but humanely.

lol....lethal injections are too costly I SAY DIG A WHOLE AND PUT THEM IN THE GROUND ..Humane? So killing someone and chopping them to pieces, watching them beg for mercy, watching the lights go off in their eyes is HUMANE?

It is the Law and we should penalize criminals who break or don't disobey it so it's HANG for me

This bill was not passed in parliament today so hanging can't resume in T&T...wat ah shame on Rowley an his disciples

Gosh Rowley and he interuptions eh boy..steups somebody god forbid should of been a victim of crime lemme see how fass he agree to pass the bill nah

I read this in the papers today..what a shame! Well lets hear now what rowley have to say about crime now ? If hanging is not the way then what ?

By a vote of 29 for/11 against, the "hanging bill" was guillotined in the House of Representatives yesterday, as it failed to secure the requisite support from the Opposition PNM to become law. The bill required a three-fourths majority, which mathematically works out to exactly 31.5 in the 41-member Parliament or 32 votes.

"The bill has not met that requirement, so as such it is defeated," House Speaker Wade Mark declared yesterday, bringing an end to a debate which was marked by strident criticisms, particularly from the Government side.

A last-minute attempt by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to meet with Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley to work out a consensus position was rejected by Rowley. The bill had been brought to amend the Constitution to make special provision with respect to capital offences.

Rowley had earlier asked Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, during his wind up, to say whether he was prepared to draft a separate bill dealing with the petitions to international bodies and not have it as part of the current bill, which is an amendment to the Constitution.

When the Prime Minister attempted to respond, Rowley snapped: "I am not talking to you, I am talking to the Attorney General."

This caused uproar on the Government benches.

Ramlogan, riding on that momentum, declared: "Unlike the split in political personalities on that side, when you speak to the Attorney General, you are speaking to the Honourable Prime Minister."

He added that the PNM had one leader, one want-to-be leader and one leader coming up in the flanks so one did not know who to talk to in that party.

Ramlogan said the PNM had taken this serious debate on hanging and transformed it into a "political gayelle", in which MPs were trying to outdo each other because their internal election campaign was coming.

But by the time the committee stage (final stage of the debate) began, Persad-Bissessar wanted to talk. She indicated that she had tried to meet Rowley before the start of the sitting and was advised that he was in caucus. She was therefore asking that the House be suspended so that they (Government and Opposition) could meet then.

Rowley hit back, however, that "my understanding is that your Attorney General has spoken for you" so there was no need to further discussion.

"Mr Speaker, through you, we see this measure as an important measure and should it be that the honourable leader has taken the words in that regard it is most unfortunate, because at the end of the day it would be innocent people of this land who would suffer," she said.

Earlier, Attorney General Ramlogan said that for every murdered person and every murderer that escapes the hangman's noose, the PNM must be held responsible.

He said he had tried the "diplomatic, friendly route" to give the PNM support, but it had failed to rise to the occasion because its political concern was not to "make the People's Partnership look good".

"It is political hooliganism of the worse kind ... holding an entire country to ransom and standing in the way of a vision ..." Ramlogan said, condemning the PNM "political obstructionism".

The Attorney General, however, during the course of his wind up, made another amendment which the PNM asked for, which was to give a convicted murderer 18 months, as opposed to 12 months, for his petition to the Human Rights Commission to be heard.

Ramlogan cited a number of legal authorities—Martin Daly, Russell Martineau and Fenton Ramsahoye—as well as the very Privy Council, who advised that the best way to pass legislation designed to do what the bill hoped to do, was to amend the Constitution explicitly, rather than pass separate legislation, in the way the PNM was advocating. He noted that such advice was sought and received by PNM while in office and they failed to act on that advice.

"I cry shame on the Opposition!" he said, as his colleagues chorused: "Shame! Shame!"

Ramlogan said he planned to expose the "political deception and hypocrisy". He read out a list of persons, including children and aged persons, who were brutally murdered, as he slammed Colm Imbert for saying that the Government should not rush the bill through. He said the PNM never took a personal interest in the victims of crime. It was only after the Prime Minister visited the home of Daniel Guerra that, "after never having visited a single home of a victim of crime ... all of a sudden they find their high heel shoes ... to reach ... quite down a.. Gasparillo to show that the PNM cares".

Saying that charity begins at home, he said the PNM MPs never visit crime victims in their own constituency.

"Don't cry crocodile tears in Gasparillo now," he thundered. See Page 4

What Government did to try to win PNM support: a) Government removed all the clauses that categorise murder b) Government placed a limit of 18 months for the hearing of petitions to the Human Rights Commission. What PNM wanted and didn't get: a) Enacting the provision which deals with the processing of an application or petition to an international body, as a separate act, without entrenching it in the Constitution. This, the PNM argued, would allow the State to escape the possible giving up of abolitionist challenges at the Privy Council. The PNM said it was prepared to support this separate act, passed with a 3/4 majority.

"Shame! Shame!" my words exactly...is it so hard for d opposition to wk wit d government for d betterment of dis country!!!

Back