Handbrakes VS. Footbrakes

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Err My Lort ! Everyday i drive vehicles that have footbrakes ( aka Floor Parking Brake) and handbrakes and it gets me soo confused!. Almost all new vehicles are coming with footbrakes. Some say handbrakes are a thing of the past. It all comes down to preference. What do you prefer footbrakes or handbrakes?

Personally i hate footbrakes! When i am driving both vehicles ( Optima & AD ) it feels so strange. I love to rest my left feet as we all are accustomed to , and the brakes bothers me knowing i might not stamp down in time when i need it . I know some people that keeps their hands on the handbrake when driving . I also prefer knowing i can see it and pull it in time when its needed.

Doesnt matter to me but I am accustomed to hand brake. Some cars also have an electronic hand brake, this.I am not comfortable with what so ever.

foot pedal ebrakes never grew on me.....but thy what most lux vehicles coming with now lol guess it just a more convient location

Convinent lol !

One of my friend told me that she was driving her car and someone pulled out infront of her, she stamped on her brakes and when was time to mash down for the foot brakes , it got hooked in her skirt . Luckily she wasn't driving fast, otherwise she would of ended up smashing into the other wrong vehicle.

I honestly use the engine brake to stop faster despite license office requiring hand brakes to lock the back wheels up. Imo hand brakes at the foot are for American countries where they use them as parking brake.

Yup its there in the original post ^^ .

I guess its up to personal preference. My cousin asked me if the floor parking brake was the clutch yes lmaooo

Back