H1N1 virus is in Trinidad

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
As persons may know the H1N1 virus is in Trinidad. The spread of this virus is worse than we think. Ask around and you will know someone who has it or someone who knows someone who has it. And there have been death. For little children signs of inactivity and stomach problems may be some of the signs - seek medical attention immediately.

1391514_353359771474639_856600926_n.jpg

What is Influenza A H1N1 (Swine Flu)?
The influenza A H1N1 virus is a new flu virus spreading among humans. The virus is highly contagious and causes respiratory illness that is similar to the seasonal influenza. Countries with cases of swine flu include Mexico, the Unites States, Canada, Germany (3), Israel, New Zealand, Spain and the United Kingdom among others.

Influenza A H1N1 is a new virus. Most persons do not have resistance and immunity to it. Anyone can get the swine flu, even healthy people, and serious problems from the flu can happen at any age. The flu also can make chronic health problems worse. For example, people with asthma may experience asthma attacks while they have the flu, and people with chronic congestive heart failure may have worsening of this condition.

What are the Signs and Symptoms of A H1N1 Flu in People?
Generally clinical symptoms are similar to seasonal influenza. Symptoms range from very mild illness or no symptoms at all, to severe pneumonia which can result in death.
Symptoms include:

Fever (High fever over 38°C/ 101 F)
Sore Throat
Runny Nose
Cough
Headaches and body pains
Fatigue and tiredness
Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea,
also can occur.
Severe illness can include pneumonia, pain in chest when taking a breath, respiratory failure and death

In children emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

Fast breathing or trouble breathing
Not drinking enough water or other fluids
Not waking up or not interacting
Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
Vomiting and diarrhea
Other conditions like diabetes or asthma that get worse
In adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
Sudden dizziness and confusion
Severe or persistent vomiting

1376510_521458641277873_1098973415_n.jpg

Heard the PM said the Health ministry have to order more vaccine in the next month.. They already have 150000 vaccine inside and they say its not enough... Do anybody know any private institution that offers the vaccine?

Resha said:
Heard the PM said the Health ministry have to order more vaccine in the next month.. They already have 150000 vaccine inside and they say its not enough... Do anybody know any private institution that offers the vaccine?

Resha, Occupational Health Solutions Gaston Street Chaguanas :)

Don't know about private institutions, most likely you will have to pay at a private institution. I don't know why is it we took so long to get these Vaccines. I believe that from day one since The H1N1 outbreak in the world Trinidad and Tobago should have tried to get this vaccine in case of the outbreak here. We so late in everything yes.

Thanks Sian... I rather pay to get it (if necessary) rather than wait for the unthinkable.

This is really terrible! I hope there will not be many deaths because of this virus.

Stay safe people!

Resha said:
Thanks Sian... I rather pay to get it (if necessary) rather than wait for the unthinkable.

My parents want me to get vaccinated due to me going to university and being exposed to all sorts of people on a daily basis. We're still contemplating but for sure we paying

Back