Government Ministers' Families Do Their Biddings

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

As we all know Government Ministers are always in some form of racket or bribery, as seen over the years. It is very easy here in small Trinidad to find out their buisness and public records so they hire people to do their bidding . These people are usually close family and friends or contractors working for them.

On my last post HDC Racket there was a point about Ministers buying land but it was done under someone else's name. Well this is a story written on the papers today taken from the Guardian Newspaper :

Secret contractors, represented only through high-powered attorneys, have begun unauthorised work on two stretches of land in Chaguanas and Oropouche, forcing the Environmental Management Authority (EMA) to step in and order that work be halted. Another four secret contractors are behind the multi-million dollar land grab and land fill operations on the water?s edge in Otaheite. Environmental Management Authority (EMA), though already at the end of its tenure, has been forced to step in and shut down unauthorised works along the waters in Otaheite. They witnessed a steady flow of unmarked trucks and equipment dumping and levelling tonnes of landfill on an empty stretch of land near the water next to Damus Oil Ltd in Oropouche.
On both occasions truck drivers and bulldozer operators could give no information on whom they were working for or what they were doing on the property.
Two nearby residents, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told the Sunday Guardian that the works have been going on for some time and named a government minister?s brother as the man controlling the operations.

The land is being filled and has already been turned into a small waterfront cove.

This was not the only time. On breaking Barriers when the tv show used to be on air, Inshan also pointed out a very Prominent Minister that had more than 3 houses all listed under a close family member's name so it could not be traced back to him.

And that's not the end there. So when you think bribery could not be traced, think again. Just look a poor man Jack, who used his ALLEDGED bribery to pay off loans and put money in his sons' back accounts etc.

Don't forget corporations and businesses. A lot of people in power, such as government officials, pass everything through their corporation or business name so it can't be traced back to them directly eg when searching for owner names on deeds, especially when conveniently used for personal taxes. I think it also extends past family members to include friends and business partners etc as well.

I don't think it matters how the money is used re:Jack. If it is illegal and bribery etc. it is not right regardless of what it is used for IMO otherwise it would be accepted for a lot of people to be stealing from the corrupt wealthy to give to the poor & needy rather than for personal gain.

Last edited:
I heard about this and there is a lot that I heard from others as well. When we will this come to an end?

Back