Google Android Netbook to cost under $250USD

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
20090410110237967.jpg

Using highly efficient cellphone based ARM CPUs, this offering from the unheard of Guangzhou Skytone Transmission Technologies Co. has been creating waves. It will be the first Android based netbook. With the final stage of testing underway they have already had inquiries from 300 countries.

It has a rotating screen with a tablet form factor. Awesome connectivity with Wifi, Ethernet, 3G (GPRS, CDMA, EDGE, WCDMA), USB and SD slots.

[ source : http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9132109 ]

SPECIFICATIONS

Model Name Alpha 680
Operating System google android
Display 7“ TFT LCD true color
LCD resolution 800 x 480( WVGA)
Internet Connection (Optional) ADSL, WiFi,( GPRS, CDMA,EDGE,WCDMA)
Memory 128MB DDR2 (up to 256MB Optional)
Solid-State Disk 1 GB Nand Flash Memory (up to 4GB Optional)
CPU ARM11 533 MHz 32bit
LAN / Connection 10/100 MB Ethernet ; RJ-45
Wireless Built-in WiFi
Media Support MPEG1/2/4,H.263,H.264,WMV9
USB Output USB 2.0 x 2
Media Storage SD/MMC card slot ( support SDHC)
Input Device 80 Key standard keyboard; Capacitive TouchPad

[ source : http://www.skytone.net.cn/en/product...13&show_type=1 ]

All i can say is wow sweet

i dont like this....Horrid storage space n memory, I doubt upgrading will be all that easy. The tablet style will be nice but without much storage this sucks bollocks for me. Video playback mite be a problem. I can only see this being "nice" for a child to play around with and probably break in half after a couple months. They should have a normal sim slot to allow anyone to push in their sim an use the mic an speakers to let it operate like a phone.

wait....the screen isnt touch....That sucks morrrrre......wats the purpose of having a tablet style laptop and yuh cyah press d screen an make the mouse thingy move rite....stuepz....that plain 7" lCD will be hell for anyone but a child to use.

and yes ppl EK is back wit all my awesumnezz :D

yea dude, the android is sweet, rite now i runnin the htc dream. lol android is really sweet cuz its open source, that netbook gonna sell alot. lol the res is a bit low but yea i would love to see how this netbook lives

Back