Good Service in Trinidad & Tobago

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

Where have you received the best service in Trinidad and Tobago? Spread the precious info!

Here are some of my faves:

1. Abraham's in Cunupia. The staff are always very courteous, professional, and eager to please their customers (even those with annoyingly specific meal alterations). You can watch the cooks in action while waiting, or even grab a stool and watch them prepare, cook (with major skills!), and serve your order right in front of you. The food is heaven-sent and though you could be mesmerized by the taste of the food by itself, the sauce options just enhance the whole experience. With their new location (see pic) they have a lot more seating options available and the interior is very spacious. The menu is quite diverse to suit different preferences and I'm pretty sure once you taste something of theirs you'll want to go back.
20hvp04.jpg

2. Viaaa in Princes Town. They have a produce section, a bakery section, an ice cream section, a pizza section, and a food section. I have not eaten here myself but I know the staff is very helpful and friendly and the gourmet bakery offers unique creations that are ever changing. I wish the seating arrangements were more spacious as it's always busy though but there's no other location with the same vibe in Princes Town.

3. Medford Grill in Chaguanas. Their menu is more fast food oriented, but still delicious and also with great sauces and moderately spacious seating options. They are also Halal certified and the staff is very friendly, professional, and will answer all questions and work with customers with special preferences.

4. More Vino More Sushi in San Fernando. I've only ordered sushi there once while in a hurry, but the staff was so friendly, professional, and helpful that I definitely have to return. They check up on you after just five minutes to ensure that your ordering process is going smoothly and will stop to get information from the kitchen without even needing to ask. They are extremely polite, courteous, and efficient and everyone I know who has dined there has relayed a positive experience. (And the sushi is AWESOME!!!!)

5. Flow in San Fernando. The staff are all very knowledgeable about their products and services and advise customers quite well, service is very efficient with no unnecessary long processes or lengthy waiting time, and if they do think you will be in for a wait, they will tell you and take your information down and get back to you so you don't have to spend all day waiting around. Also, when they say they will get back to you, they definitely do with all relevant information and try to advise you accordingly with the least amount of inconvenience to you as possible.

6. China Supermarket in Southland Mall, Cross Crossing, San Fernando. While my only customer service experience there is limited to asking for a particular item or cashing, the workers are all very friendly and helpful at those moments. More importantly, they seem to always be open and carry a wide array of items including the very difficult to find rice noodles, which takes up an entire "U" shaped aisle/section by itself with all the different variations. I've found almost every hard to find Asian grocery item here in addition to a wide variety of typical grocery items as well that beat most standard groceries by far. While I wouldn't completely rule out standard groceries for the specific item here and there just yet, I seriously could not survive without the unique options they have available here and prices are great compared to the one or two other places that rarely carry a few of those items when the mood hits them.

What treasure spots do you know? Please share!

Last edited:
Re: Best Customer Service in T&T

B. Ramkissoon's Hardware in Rio Claro has excellent customer service. I went there to get some electrical items, clueless as hell, but the staff was very patient and knowledgeable. Very good overall impression. I actually learned more about electrical going there. lol

Not really a store but I found that Brotherhood had great service when I bought the HID kit from him in March.

Montrose Electronics - knowledgable and experienced people who have an extremely well stocked shop.

Car Audio Solutions - can really talk to this man and he won't give you a biased answer about the products in his shop.

Ruby Tuesday's generally has good service, never gotten attitude or bad face or anything of the like.

One restaurant and bar i found to provide excellent service is TGI's especially Chaguanas. Their staff are well mannered and they server excellent menus.

Palki's in San Fernando. Delicious authentic Indian foods with an authentic Indian sweet shop next door that you can also order from while dining in the restaurant. Staff is on point, food is truly authentic and insanely delicious, and the vibes are very unique. (Until the one time that one guy came in to the fancy schmancy restaurant in rubber slippers and a buss up short pants. O_O) It's not as spacious as Abraham's for example, but the aura leaves you feeling like you have more than enough space and privacy. Always a pleasant, fully satisfying experience.

Medford's Grill in Chaguanas has deteriorated alot. Their food when newly opened many years ago used to be very tasty but now hardly has any customers. I also found a hair in my food one time. :crutch:

TGI Friday's Price Plaza.. Everytime i dine in there, i receive good service and the staff is always friendly. I would always recommend someone there rather than Ruby Tuesday because the staff go out of their way to ensure that you have a wonderful time. The atmosphere is also very nice.

Micles in Price Plaza- Despite some reports of rude staff, i have always gotten good service and they are always polite and kind to me. I also like how they help you pick out clothing and wait to assist when you are in the changing room.

Medford's Grill in Chaguanas has deteriorated alot. Their food when newly opened many years ago used to be very tasty but now hardly has any customers. I also found a hair in my food one time. :crutch:

TGI Friday's Price Plaza.. Everytime i dine in there, i receive good service and the staff is always friendly. I would always recommend someone there rather than Ruby Tuesday because the staff go out of their way to ensure that you have a wonderful time. The atmosphere is also very nice.

Micles in Price Plaza- Despite some reports of rude staff, i have always gotten good service and they are always polite and kind to me. I also like how they help you pick out clothing and wait to assist when you are in the changing room.

I haven't been to Medford's in a long time! Good to know!

I second Micles in Price Plaza. They give excellent feedback and really go all out to help you and are very focused on trying to help you get the exact fit/style you want regardless of how much run-around it causes them.

JK in Gulf City. I love this place so much words can't describe. The staff is upbeat, fun, very helpful, and gives honest, positive feedback as well and will search as long as they have to to get you what you need and will never try to push you to buy something you don't want. They also wait on you at the dressing room to bring or take back whatever is necessary and really give you the red carpet treatment. The styles and quality of the clothing is on a whole different level from most clothing stores with the best prices for quality clothing and service as well.

Jeansworld in Gulf City. No matter how much the staff changes, they are always very friendly and helpful and will search every item in the whole store if they have to, to get what you're looking for.

Medford Grill is alright but long wait times make it a troublesome fast food outlet.

As for tgi I went there years ago and I received some very small wings that were no larger than home cooked chicken. It also tasted very salty and lacked sauce.

The main course followed suit and as such I never ever went back to tgi not even step in the door for any reason.

That same day I went to ruby Tuesday and received superior quality of food with just as good service.

However The Rise in Chaguanas has given me poor service more than a few times. From excessively loud music in the dining area to waitresses keeping your change as tip money and still asking if you'd like to leave a tip while telling you their policy is they don't give extra plates so that people can share and distribute their main course.

Krave is awesome. Mind you Persad's are the owners .

Nirtime when going to TGI you have to know what to get . Being there a mil times you know what dishes to stay away from.

I have had countless bad experiences from Ruby Tuesday. They look at you like you are begging to eat food at their place and i absolutely hate that. My bad experiences ranges from the tastless pricesmart bought typhoon shrimp to eggy crab cakes, forgetting orders, forgetting i am sitting at a god damn table, forgot to serve us due to a shift change in which no one informed us about and our waiter left , no a/c and cannot open windows etc. etc.

As for the Rise. Alot of people rave about this place but haven't you seen that its a pavement lime? The place is so crowded that you are DINING while people wine and dancing by your plate. You cannot eat good in peace on a Friday or Saturday and the kitchen closes early so you have to get your orders in. Honestly i try to stay far away from these places.

THE RIG !

My family and I visited the establishment 2 weeks ago to celebrate my brother's achievement. When we arrived the waiter seated us immediately and got us a place in the inside. Although it was packed to the max and there was alot of chatter and noise, the music was upbeat, food was delicious and staff was friendly. We left very pleased. Will always go back there

Gopaul's Toys and Baby World by the Marabella roundabout (across from Massy Stores/HiLo). They have a great selection of quality items at great prices and are always introducing new items and sections. The staff is very polite, courteous, and extremely helpful. The downstairs section has a huge variety of baby and children's items, party items, and a big section of Christmas decorations, trees, gift wrap, etc around Christmas time. The upstairs section has larger sets for children, more party items, and also has great items for bridal or baby showers and household items as well. It's usually well laid out and organized and if a requested item is not easily found, they will query until they find it in the store or warehouse or let you know when the next shipment is coming. Always a great experience!

J'adore by the Marabella roundabout. The staff is very helpful and eager to please customers and also provide great dressing room service in a very friendly, warm, comfortable environment with stylish selections for women, babies, and young children. I only wish the store was bigger with even more selections so it could be much more of a go-to for me.

Francis Fashions in Gulf City Mall. I love the selections and the dressing rooms are conveniently placed (just make sure you have someone standing watch outside when little kids are on the loose!). The staff is always very upbeat, friendly, respectful, and very helpful. I don't know if they have really great customer service training for their staff, or if it's just their personalities, but it's always a pleasant experience shopping there.

A small Fried chicken outlet in my area, Robin's Fried Chicken. While one member of the staff was slow and impolite, the rest of the staff is very friendly, courteous and helpful! All wins in my book!

Trini Good Service

So to complement, or rather, spread some positive energy, here are some more. A much needed thing in T&T.

On my good services list there are a few personal recommendations:

Edinburgh Auto Supplies & Car Care - the people behind the counter are very decent people, they don't have attitude like a lot of small time auto shop owners. I had an issue and needed an O ring, they took the time to find the correct size O-ring for me and it fit right away. The guy behind the counter doesn't argue with his customers, he tries to help them how he can. Bought stuff here a few times and never disappointed.

Car Audio Solutions(Rovin's Car Audio) - Bought quite a bit of car audio gear from this place, really like the service. Man is very knowledgeable and patient and willing to do demos for his customers. He advises people to do the right thing and that is very important and much needed. Never got the impression or saw any motives toward biased decisions, man lets you decide for yourself what you want to get.

Roger's Auto Chem(Chase Village) - Have been there and purchased items with my friend, owner is a really friendly person and does not have attitude, really appreciate when shops like these do not have owners with attitude. The difference was immediately noticeable when I left this place after purchasing and entered another shop on Caroni Savannah Road where that friendliness was not in the air.

Senor Taco - despite being a small place in Chaguanas that sells Mexican food the service is top notch. People are constantly updated on the status of their orders and are shown that their business matters a lot. Highly recommended. Good ambience too.

Rocky's Exclusive(Behind the market in Chaguanas) - have purchased several items from this place, all be it small ones(phone chargers and lighted cables). Store is generally always busy but the staff really makes effort to help their customers. Good variety store thats been in Chaguanas for as long as I can remember.

Let's Talk Cellular(Price Plaza Branch) - Have done business with them for years and never disappointed. Always got brand new phones, sales reps do try to help people make their minds but being an enthusiast I cannot say. Definitely a place worth checking for decent prices and good service on phones.

Unique Auto Spa(Port Fortin, Mobile) - I spent quite a lot of time speaking to the owner of this establishment. He is one of the very few truly qualified detailers we have in Trinidad and Tobago and I highly recommend his services. From speaking to him he offers quality and honest work, always eager to speak with like minded individuals who also like detailing. Also one of the few places to get Nanoskin locally.

Last edited:
Really want to big up Sashri Auto on Caroni Savannah Road just off the highway in Chaguanas. Its the scrap yard located right around the bend close to the bar. I went there to buy a bolt and the man told me he can't just sell one bolt, he'll give me two. I was very surprised to hear how he spoke as well, definitely a friendly seller.

Also would like to comment on the service at Montrose Electronics. Even though they are busy they try to talk to customers and assist them however they may require it and the old man himself(Gopaul) has always been kind toward my family.

Last edited:
Re: Trini Good Service

Senor Taco - despite being a small place in Chaguanas that sells Mexican food the service is top notch. People are constantly updated on the status of their orders and are shown that their business matters a lot. Highly recommended. Good ambience too.
If the Senor Taco you talking about is the place opposite Medford gas station, downstairs from Murder Ink then I second you review. Been there once and the service was very friendly.

I checked Rovin's already when I was in the area but he seems big on DD components. Is DD a good brand? He seemed knowledgeable though.

DD is one of the better brands I know. DD is light years better Pioneer. Just do a Google search on them.

Yes its the Senor Taco located exactly there.

Back