Gamers show signs of addiction

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

Code:
http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUSN2040035320090420
Researchers at Iowa State University (ISU) and the National Institute on Media and the Family found that some gamers show at least six symptoms of gambling addiction such as lying to family and friends about how much they play games, using the games to escape their problems and becoming restless or irritable when they stop playing.

They may also skip homework to play videogames or spend too much time playing the games and do poorly in school.

"While the medical community currently does not recognize video game addiction as a mental disorder, hopefully this study will be one of many that allow us to have an educated conversation on the positive and negative effects of video games," Dr Douglas Gentile, an assistant professor of psychology at ISU, said in a statement......
I knew it!! you guys are just a bunch of addicts lol. But i thought this was obvious, why would they need a study to prove it. Any form of entertainment can become addictive, especially when people use them as crutches to support their emotional and psychological states.

well RauCou i like to play games but i will not put it before my workss ....and i do not drink or smoke ...............so i do not mind being addicited to games ............if u put this for me

lol im addicted 2 boysssss!!! [one in particular] im drug free of dis addiction!! oo yeaaa

I care less what they research, Remember Americans mentality are totally different from ours, So maybe they are link that not us

yea...i could care less az well...cuz da truth iz...my name iz cjunkie13...& im addicted 2 video gamez...:p...

i saw this on the news to i forgot everything they about it except that people could have ADD or ADHD bull crappppppppppp i only game i play is crash bandicoot n fast n furious lol

Back