Fixing a Loose Suction Cup That Won't Stay Put?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Hey everyone, I have had a dash cam for a while and ever since I've had it the suction mount that clips onto the windshield will not ever stay put for more than a few days. The heat softens it up so much that the plastic arm breaks out of the mounting point on the back of the cup.
Other times the entire mount falls off with the cup attached. How can I fix this?

I have tried using silicone on the plastic before pushing it back into the groove on the cup and it seemed to work quite decently until it fell off again... Please help me.

I would like to know too as my baby on board sign has never stayed on either.

The only solution I've come up with has been to use a PVC C clamp to clamp the dash cam bracket to the rear view mirror instead of the suction cup.

For the baby on board tag, you can try a stronger suction cup since I had a phone mount on my windshield that never came loose. Even with the tab released you had to beg it to come off the windshield.

Wow, thanks for the tip! The sign has been out of use for so long it's a matter of finding it back now lol I think a stronger suction would definitely work.

Back