Extreme Proposal

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
A

alexk

Engaged%20couple.jpg

An extreme marriage proposal took place in the food court of Trincity mall on Friday, as a man enlisted the services of two uniformed police officers to surprise his girlfriend with an engagement ring.

Video footage of the wedding proposal went viral on Facebook with over 149,000 views yesterday.

The video began with two police officers approaching a man seated in the packed Trincity Mall food court.

At first impression the video, which is just under four minutes long, seems like the type of video we have grown somewhat accustomed to that ends with claims of police brutality.

However, this video had a heart-warming plot twist.

The surprise ending left one of the main characters in the video unable to catch her breath for a bit.

The protagonist of this video was Andre Johnson.

As the police officers attempt to arrest Johnson he raises his voice in protest saying he has done nothing wrong.

He struggled with the officers.

Johnson was handcuffed while they fished a package out of his pocket.

He accused the police of planting the item on him and then claimed that it actually belonged to his girlfriend, Ousha Boodan, who looked on nervously.

At that point, the officers took the handcuffs off Johnson and hand him the package.

He opens it and revealed that it is in fact a jewelry box with a ring inside.

Johnson then got down on his knee and proposed.

After eventually catching her self, Boodan said yes.

The only thing he stole was her heart.

Speaking to CNC3 last night, Boodan said “I literally don’t know where my heart went. I was like what is happening, I was in total shock.”

Boodan said it took her two hours after the unorthodox proposal to eventually look at her engagement ring.

Johnson said he bought the ring instead of spending money to go on a trip to Las Vegas.

The proposal took place on Boodan’s birthday.

The couple have been together for two years.

Johnson works at the Ministry of National Security and was able to get the officers on board with the plan after speaking with some friends.

Back