Evo Discontinued?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

According to a Japanese Newspaper, Mitsubishi is planning to discontinue the Evolution X . This is due to the decline in demand for its AWD sedan and it's shift to a more eco friendly image.

It does not have a replacement yet, however, rumours of a sporty hybrid model is in the works and will carry a different name .

The UK will be very lucky as limited-editions of the Evolution X FQ-440 MR will be sold solely to mark Mitsubishi's 40th year in the country. It will be rockin' a 440hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engine. Only 40 of these super high-performance cars will be built. :eek:

No More Evos.. What you guys think about that ! I think some people's dreams may have just been shattered

yepp sadly the Evo shall be missed ,however Mitsubishi has been making significant losses in sales of the Evo X thus i think that's what finally brought them to the realisation that the Evolution series was not a likely outlet for sales anymore.

i have heard and seen drafts (rumoured drafts atleast) from Top Gear UK about that hybrid, its not like petrol heads are going to be major fans of the hybrid aspect, but i'd like to see what mitsubishi can come up with.

Sadly this will just inflate the prices of the already expensive Evolution series cars , and also ruin my dream of a nice track or time attack car :cry:

My dream got ruined! Would of loved to own .. Sadly yes they were loosing too much sales! Check this one out "Meaner and Greener "

[attachment=0:30wlb3t0]future_new-hybrid-mitsubishi-evo_span.jpg[/attachment:30wlb3t0]

Attachments

• future_new-hybrid-mitsubishi-evo_span.jpg
    future_new-hybrid-mitsubishi-evo_span.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 557
hahah it really does look mean, but not in the sense of a Evolution, it looks more like a Hot Hatch , IMO but nevertheless it looks great! Wonder what would be the specs of the car and engine, being a hybrid, hopefully Mitsubishi would take notice of the McLaren P1 or the Porshe 918 sypder ;) , and hopefully scale it down for a fun spirited quick little hot hatch :p :mrgreen:

Good idea ! I also hope it turns out to be "fuel efficient" as they say :roll:

LOL fuel efficient, i hope its as fast as the previous versions! hope they continue the linage of the EVO , its a legendary line of cars , please mitsubishi don't ruin your name any further :lol:

So sad! Wish i could own one of these babies but when i'm ready they might not be available lol. Yes i heard there were official news that a more fuel efficient hybrid was coming out to replace the image of the Evo.. i really hope it's not a big bust !

@LadyDeath we are all hoping that!!! If Mitsubishi goes bust, they might have to file for bankruptcy, which would make Evos even more expensive than they are now!!! [emoji43]

So its a company own responsibility to take off because its demand is less. I think they would made some changing in their Evolution X model to make it more valuable.

I once heard from an employee at MMC that they already had a long term plan for the evo which ended with the X. In other words they had known more than 10 years ago what they were doing.

Sad but I never loved the X as I always felt it was a bit too bulky with all the added safety. its good but I personally like the Vi-Vii the most.
With that said, I'm not sure how I feel about a hybrid evolution. It can work as we are seeing electric super cars but evos traditionally are one of those cars you just never leave stock. That will seem hard to do performance wise now.

Nice to know about it in detail so that is the original reason behind the block of this Mitsubishi Evo.Its a good reason.

Back