European vs Japanese

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Euro. Yes Japanese has the greater availability of parts and any half assed mechanic can work on them I still personally prefer the Euro vehicles. Now yes parts are more expensive for these but the build quality overall is better. Our climate doesn't give for much in terms of leather maintenance but euro cars are built to see and withstand various weather conditions that are very similar to ours.

Currently own Japanese though ( pocket can't afford euro yet)

Lemme give you some advice I learnt the hard way for the 15 years I've lived on this earth. If you want something sacrifice and get it. I see you drive a Mitsubishi mirage....good car and parts as far as I know cheap and available. Keep it and SAVE for a Euro vehicle. If you have to fix your car and make it look brand new

Actually I own a ae91 corolla. And yes I know I'll move up the ranks

Re: European vs Japanese

EURO! I currently own a VW Bora and i would not look back..Looking still to see if i can afford a higher model or an Audi A3 2008 Hatch.. I just love of thoughtful these cars were made.. Even though its an old car PBS , my electric dash tells me exactly which door is open or if trunk or bonnet is open, i can use my key on the outside to lock while winding up all my windows at the same time , it tells me when it needs servicing or if oil sensor needs replacing or cleaning etc. Also my trunk comes with a removable triangular shape hazard stand to remove when there's an emergency and my handrest can rock back 180 degrees for comfort . :cool: All that with an old car imagine for the newer models

Sky22 said:
EURO! I currently own a VW Bora and i would not look back..Looking still to see if i can afford a higher model or an Audi A3 2008 Hatch.. I just love of thoughtful these cars were made.. Even though its an old car PBS , my electric dash tells me exactly which door is open or if trunk or bonnet is open, i can use my key on the outside to lock while winding up all my windows at the same time , it tells me when it needs servicing or if oil sensor needs replacing or cleaning etc. Also my trunk comes with a removable triangular shape hazard stand to remove when there's an emergency and my handrest can rock back 180 degrees for comfort . :cool: All that with an old car imagine for the newer models

:shock: Agreed!

to be honest all i've known growin up is volvo. have a 1985 740turbo sitting with the original 2.3l fuel injected beast of an engine in it. overdrive auto tranny though i wish it came manual from the factory. very superb ride quality. handled like a boss when it was on the road. need serious funds to put it how i want it.

anthonemorris said:
to be honest all i've known growin up is volvo. have a 1985 740turbo sitting with the original 2.3l fuel injected beast of an engine in it. overdrive auto tranny though i wish it came manual from the factory. very superb ride quality. handled like a boss when it was on the road. need serious funds to put it how i want it.

Start from small and work your way up to the big fixes

LadyDeath said:
anthonemorris said:

Start from small and work your way up to the big fixes
Big fixes are basically done. Car needs rewiring as the engine harness started flaking. Needs some body work as well. Nothing more. Just can't afford to spend on any type of project. My car is for work and I maintain that, otherwise I'd have had that on the road already

I have a japanese. Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 to be exact. Out of the japanese, I have this car because I like it and can afford it. Parts are readily available and they are moderately priced. Not too high and not too expensive. However, I love a 3 series BMW. Aiming for one of those in future. Really cannot afford that now. Batting in meh crease. I enjoy making meh old Lancer look good.

I vote neither. Have been exposed to and got my hands dirty with Japs but I always feel most Japanese cars are a compromise of some sort. Be it size wise or something else.

Euros I don't feel the compromise, they are much better size wise and technology wise but for me its always going to be neither because the way I see it, its what you like and can afford to take care off. I will never want to take care of a new Euro with all the computerization that has taken place. I simply can't do my usual madness like install a completely new audio system and easily evade noise problems or do other modifications as I'm accustomed to.

But at the same time I always feel like Japanese cars, while reliable are somewhat more practical for my daily uses and I'm good with that. So my choice of ownership would be Japanese but I will not say that I have a preference if the "usual" is extracted from the decision. Also, new japanese cars are getting be the same, imagine a 2014/2015 Nissan Qashqai has a sensor that requires resetting in the computer when you change brake pads... That disappoints me. Terribly.

lol both...Euro because it feels more sturdy..drove a VW jetta love it rell plenty only fear is the transmission that comes in that model (2011-2015) also drove a bmw 530 and audi a4 must say there is a different feeling you get from the euro than when i sit dowb in the newer model japs.....lol jap because I own one lol and it came fully powered when he had just got it and yes because i love cheap maintenance

I prefer Japanese because i am worked with these car from a long time even some Vintage projects also done.So its more reliable than European.

Back