Electricity Blackout in Trinidad Part 2

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
From T&TEC:
Public advisory
Load shedding in parts of Trinidad
The Trinidad and Tobago Commission (T&TEC) wishes to confirm there are outages in several parts of North, East and Central Trinidad at this time.

The outages stem from two unrelated incidents at generation facilities operated by Trinity Power and Power Gen which have caused a significant reduction in the bulk power available for use on T&TEC?s transmission grid. As a result, the Commission has been forced to shed load. Areas affected include Maraval, Westmoorings, Waterloo, Sangre Grande and surrounding areas.
T&TEC is liaising closely with Power Gen and Trinity Power to have the matter resolved in the shortest possible time frame.

Who was affected by this, So far i know londonville, chaguanas, Flangain town coming down affected. Tabaquite is not affect so i'm happy.

More From T&TEC:
T&TEC is urging customers with supply to conserve their use of electricity, as it tries to have power restored to affected areas. This should include restricted use of heavy appliances like dryers and washers and air condition units.
Power has been restored in Port of Spain, but areas west of Mucurapo, as well as some parts of Central and East Trinidad remain out.
Both Trinity Power and Power Gen are working to bring their machines back online.

I was so terrified yesterday! We live next to Enterprise and last time there was a blackout, let's just say big things went down. Sometimes the current serves as a measure of saftey for us in the area.

The last black out of an almost similar magnitude was when the entire country was without electricity.

i was driving along the M2 Ring road coming from penal....it was very scary an dark....i didnt know it was island wide....

this blackout came at the most in opportune time! i was doing some serious work when the blackout occurred and it was honestly scary because where i live is mostly forested area. but on a serious note however, people might complain about the blackout, but when you truly think about it , T&TEC is trinidad's fastest responding utility service, whenever something goes wrong with their operations, its always repaired immediately, unlike WASA who takes weeks to come and get a simple repair done , and then refuses to come back when their "quality" repair fails.

but wrt the blackout, i actually believe that it was good in a sense, because people needed a little break from all the technology and lights and all those distractors.

i went outside in my gallery , and lay on the cold ground watching up at all the stars and thing, it was sort of relaxing , until i fall asleep lol

Back