DUCKIES DROWN IN FLOOD

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Bertie David was near tears as he looked at scores of dead ducks at his farm. In all, he lost more than 2,000 ducks which he had reared. They drowned when yesterday's flood waters rose to several feet on his farm at Cedar Hill Road, Forres Park, Claxton Bay.

David, father of TV6 reporter Keisha David, said he could not save the birds, the majority of which were in an 80 feet by 10 feet coop.

He said, "Selling ducks is my only source of income and they weighed from three and half to nine pounds. I bought feed for them every weekend. Ducks are expensive to rear."

David said the feed he bought last weekend and which was stored in a van on the land was also destroyed.

Sherry Ann Jules, who is on vacation from the United States in Point Fortin, was due to return to the US today. But it was feared she might be leaving without her suitcases, clothing and other items bought for her trip back home which were found floating away in the raging flood waters.

Owner of KS Manufacturers and Sales, in Gasparillo, Krishna Roy Sooklal, said his entire building was under water.

"This is the first time that my business has ever gotten water. I believe that somewhere down the river is blocked, or we probably had an excess rainfall," Sooklal said.

Ingrid Halls, of Point Fortin, said several houses in the borough were flooded out.

She said: "My dryer, washing machine, freezer and fridge are under water."

Halls said she has been complaining to the Point Fortin Borough Corporation about a drain behind her house that needed to be repaired for quite some time, but no one took on her complaint.

I thought ducks could swim... they were in a building thats probably why they died. I find it strange, flooding is affecting places it dont normally affect but its not even hurricane type rain. If a couple of hours of rain flooding us what will a hurricane or tropical storm do...

One thing we should do is build large drains on the free way roads , but i feel so sorry for the duckies hmmm i remember i used to mine ducks as pets yes lol my mom and dad find it had to kill them so we had them as pets and they fly away omg and other people eat them :icon_cry2:

:icon_cry2: my avatar mourns the lost of his fellow feathered friends! A 21 Quack salute to all his fallen friends!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
QUACK!
btw I live close to Gasparillo and I knw what a flood can do!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_cry2:

Yes i kno its really tragic you know how much THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS They lost there i am so sorry....my condolences goes to that farmer

Back