Driving Straight with the Indicator Flashing

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

I'm not sure if its just me but lately I have noticed a serious rise in the number of people who are driving with their indicators on and seem very unaware of this. They have no intentions of turning left or right but proceed to drive straight with their indicators on thus misleading people.

I often wonder if they don't hear "tick tick tick" inside their cars from having the indicator turned on or even notice the blinker on the cluster flashing away.

Have you noticed this too? I deliberately pulled up very close on someone from a side street doing this and they apparently found the horn and never noticed their indicator was on.... What do you think?

Is it that these people never even look at the speedometer while driving or the fuel gauge/temperature gauge?

I don't know but I've noticed this too, as well as people making their turns with no indicator or any signs whatsoever.

It is annoying as hell for me to leave it on. Sometimes that causes bad accidents leaving it on and switching opposite lanes .
I don't think we can do anything about it but this is a very serious issue !

Numerous reasons this can happen. In the case of my car it's a sensor under the steering wheel that needs to be adjusted since we changed the steering. Also when the car is off and you turn the steering wheel too much in one direction I believe that also disables the automatic shut off

In all cases the cars were newer cars with less than 12 years of age even. Surely they must know if something is wrong with the indicators and think to get it checked.

This is something I am always aware of. I always make sure it switches off after I have made my turn/changed lanes.

I have one problem in my car which can be useful at times. My indicator ticks faster than normal so the sound is annoying. Indicators are IMPORTANT AND NECESSARY. It is an indicator for direction of your car. If this is messed up then get it fixed asap

Yeah Nice reviews about the the driving with indicators and its good to drive it straight and their is no issue in it and the hazards of accident are also low.

Yeah Nice reviews about the the driving with indicators and its good to drive it straight and their is no issue in it and the hazards of accident are also low.

Mad Racer I don't think its positive when people drive straight, with no intentions of turning off but their indicators are flashing.

Actually now i understand the meaning that why he say straight driving.So its a bad habit to driving straight with indicators flashing .So the hazards of accident are larger in this sense and its not Good.

Actually now i understand the meaning that why he say straight driving.So its a bad habit to driving straight with indicators flashing .So the hazards of accident are larger in this sense and its not Good.

Yes thats exactly it. It continues to be a hazard and sadly there seems to be no attempt to correct this habit by offenders.

Yeah i think there is a need to apply stick laws to minimize these hazards and to control the open driving straight with these indicators.

Back