Doubles to be increased from 4 Dollars to 5 Dollars!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Whats your take on this people:
Doubles vendors are going to increase their prices of doubles from $4 to $5.They say its because of increased gas prices.

For me personally i this its utter crap, So i ask these questions.
did Cooking gas went up?
Are these people being taxed?
How much does it cost to make one doubles?

lmfao these people was only looking for a reason to increase price as usual.....well im of the not affected by doubles prices as i rarely buy it..........these people not serious yesssss they doing just like kiss

Heard that the saying the increase is in anticipation of price hikes in other departments (transport, consumer goods etc.) I rememeber when Doubles was $1. With a five dollar bill I could have eaten 4 doubles and drink a juice in the glass bottle.

You know the sad thing is, everybody in business have this concept in their minds. I knew once fuel prices went up, no matter how small or large, they would find a reason to send up everything else.

If anything, the raise in price should be 25-50c a doubles given the amount they sell daily, they'd be able to absorb that raise in transport costs for those who have their own transportation and most likely it'll be a diesel as I see most of them using.

Really don't feel I want to pay $5 for a doubles. Doubles is/was one of the cheapest and fastest foods available. For many people on the road and on the go, their loose change won't feed their appetite anymore.

lol i see a pic on fb earlier on in the day where sauce in curepe say their doubles is still 4$ lol i expecting them to get alot more sales over those 5$ ppl lol

I studyin how gas gone up, they sayin smalls, doubles gone up and is problems yes.

I doh even buy doubles that often so I really not affected either lollll. Then some of them saying oh well KFC is so much money, how much to make a portion of fries why nobody doh bawl and cry for that how they bein unjust about d doubles.

It's probably for the best though. I used to real stop in for a quick doubles on my way home after late classes if I was feeling real hungry and had some singles I wanted to get rid of. None of that anymore yes. All doubles trips shall now be pre planned after a full financial feasibility and cost benefit analysis have been carried out by my wallet and belly.

Well dat bother me plenty bc I like meh lil two doubles wen ah travel n feelin hungry. D lil 1 1 dollar use to make up ah nice doubles or two.

Was on the avenue last Friday. After liming in one of the establishments, I was hungry. Gyro line was too damn long so I went for doubles. Expected to hear $5 for one. To my surprise the doubles lady said "no, doubles is still $4 here". I then proceeded to have 3, lol.

word around was saying only few raise and some remain the same lol so guess is luck

Same thing happened last time. Some places were boasting that they still selling doubles for $3. A few months later and they saying "Nah is $4 now"

well i does 3 doubles so with my salary at $15.....huh i have to work an hour before ah cud buy some doubles an another hour for a drink...huh...bess country yes....

Back