Do you think the Yaris Has Improved?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Apparently years ago there was a stigma attached to the Yaris . Everyone used to say YARIS stands for You.Are.Riding.In.S*it because it lacked in speed and performance. Other Yaris or Toyota lovers would disagree. There has been a facelift for the YARIS currently but do you think compared to other sedans , the YARIS is still losing? What does the new model lack that others have?
( Cars such as Cruze, Cerato, Altima etc. )

8121900258_8c86b30953_o.jpg

2014-Toyota-Yaris-Sedan-1.jpg

At the end of the day the Yaris is still smaller than the Corolla which is the direct competitor to the Cerato, Elantra and Civic. The Altima is more a luxury minded car - well it used to be when we got the Teana model locally.

I will not compare it but look at it through the generations and in so doing it is easy to recognize how much of an improvement each model has been over the last. The newest model Yaris looks the part and with some simple cosmetic addons it can be made to look very elegant and less economy.

Interior wise I have no actual experience with it but it certainly is bigger than previous models, a plus all around.

I do not think there is as much stigma attached to it but there is still a large body who associate the word Yaris with its first generation model which is often perceived as a jokey car.

With that said I've driven the first gen Yaris and I must comment on its driveability which I found remarkably better than some other cars I'd driven from the same era.

I find it slower than a normal sedan. Yes the drive-ability is good but not great . It has a new facelift which i like. I am glad they are changing that look because it used to look like them hard back beetle that makes noise but no sting lol.

Looking forward to the other future models to see what they will change again

I loled.....but the yaris i find nice for a small car...it would be a nice car for a woman IMO easily to handle and small enough to fit into tight parking spots

I loled.....but the yaris i find nice for a small car...it would be a nice car for a woman IMO easily to handle and small enough to fit into tight parking spots

Man I does get some dotish bad drive from Yaris drivers who don't go on their side at all. So I really not sure about the easy to handle lol.

Back