Do you think the media can ease crime?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Yes the lovely media, responsible for many things in our socitey. The media is the one who has the influence on everyone by their captivating programs and advertisements. Do you think if the media can turn around and start showing positive movies, advertisements and play nice positive songs that we will see an ease in crime? Yes or no and please say why

I little less fear mongering would help. They seem very good at scarying the @&*\ out of people. Why dont they show ways to be alot safer. Or actually put intelligent people on screen.. leaders who know what they doing. They need to be more proactive and leave the reactionism to the people. The media loves to put a negative spin on everything. Things as bad but not EVERYTHING is bad. They've seriously lost perspective on what reporting is about. We have what 5 tv stations now.. and they all have five different version of the "truth" the papers are worse or at least easier to check against each other. Everything is about ratings the truth is irrelevant. As long as they feed an ignorant and paranoid public they feel they've done their duty. The media has way to much influence to be just mere observers and reporter. I find they should ban people with political agendas from the media.. they one percent that remain would be the few who actually want to change stuff. Thats whats we really need the media to do be interested in changing the crap they report. I have no faith in their ability to do that.. because there's no news like bad news. It sells. I hate living in bacanal country.. steups.

The media plays such an importtant part of in our lifes, im such people don't realise that. The things we read and watch and listen stores in the brain and sometimes we try to copy that vision. They play such an important roles in socitey too. Mostly the bad things rather than good. To the media, its all about competition. If the media really try to focus on position programming , I can see a difference in soceity especially in the younger ones.

It was the same thing i was trying to explain in the TV6 Post. Its all about competition thats why they showing the negative things they know people love to capture back their viewers. I Sure tv6 must be said "YUH KNOW WE LOOSING ALOT OF VIEWERS OUT THERE I SURE IF WE ADD SOME FLAVOUR LIKE A COUNTDOWN VIDEO SHOW WITH ALOT OF NEGATIVE MUSIC TEENS LIKE NOWADAYS IT WILL BRING THEM BACK" No doubt

Also when they hear about a murder. they rushing to get the story first and drill the unfortnate family for information. These are the things reporters like to hear about jus to get there name across the media...

I don't think it would ease crime, i think it would just give criminals a heads up as to when to run and hide and who's looking for them, to me it might actually be helping them. At least that's how I see it.

I think that the media is controlling our lives today and what them say is we following so if them change their acts it would definitely have a change because every change them making is we doing the same

Back