Do illegally modified headlights bother you as the oncoming driver?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Have you ever flashed your high beam at someone and have them switch off their headlights because glare affected you?

You may have thought they were driving with their high beams but it most likely was a case of using "HID in the normal headlights." Essentially, using High Intensity Discharge(HID) bulbs in a halogen reflector housing changes the way light is distributed from the housing. When designed, halogen reflector headlamps are designed to work with a specific light source, that is the bulb is at a certain length and the light comes out of the bulb at a certain angle. Knowing this, manufacturers design their headlights to safely make the most use of the light given by halogen bulbs.

However, when people decide that they want more light and switch to HID kits, they are doing an injustice to themselves and to other road users. HID is a more efficient system since it uses less power and produces less heat but if you have ever had witnessed what an HID bulb looks like compared to a standard halogen bulb, you'll instantly notice how much longer the HID bulb really is and you'll also notice that light emits from an HID bulb in a much different position than a regular halogen bulb.

Therefore, when placed in a regular halogen reflector headlight, HIDs tend to disperse light much differently to halogen bulbs and without spacing the bulb using washers to get the "xenon arc" at the same point as the halogen filament, light thrown from an HID bulb hits the base of the reflector and shoots straight toward your face deleting any "cut off lines" that existed with a halogen bulb. This is why you may notice some HID kits come with a metal shield that is placed below the bulb. This shield helps to prevent light from being aimed at you directly(casper shield).

So I ask the question, do you ever find yourself unable to see when facing toward cars with "HIDs" installed? Do you ever feel like you're blinded and need to stop to avoid running off the road or running into something because the light is so intense?

This is the worst especially when your driving on roads with no street lamps and no painting well guidelines on the road so you can tell when the end of the road it:argue:

True grim reaper! Honestly i rather yellow lights vs. white lights anyday. Just imagine my car has an HID kit installed and i rarely drive it at nights because i cannot see one thing in the road versus driving with normal lights . One time i had to stop and re-collect myself mentally because of an inconsiderate little young brat who thought it was cool to blind people with his HIDs. The person behind me gave him a good talking before driving off as well. Others for example my cousin, are very wicked and set it to blind people by aiming it at their windshield just for no reason. I wish this style thing would just stop honestly!

My car comes pre installed with 4300K, now that the original lights and its very bright. I will not change it to a higher color temperature because i know how annoying it can be in the nights when people fail to lower their Bight Light HID on oncoming traffic.
People are so ridiculous especially most new car owners who will never dim their bright lights for nothing, its bad road ethics and can cause accidents.

Now we are getting mature and these type of illegal modification not suits on our personality.Well in Teenage these type of works had a great fun.

My car comes pre installed with 4300K, now that the original lights and its very bright. I will not change it to a higher color temperature because i know how annoying it can be in the nights when people fail to lower their Bight Light HID on oncoming traffic.
People are so ridiculous especially most new car owners who will never dim their bright lights for nothing, its bad road ethics and can cause accidents.
Its far from just lowering the aim alone. Some of them aim it right down and still its too blinding.
Your Mazda 3 came factory fitted with projector headlights and the design of the optics in a projector better compensates for the light dispersion pattern of the Xenon arcs(hid bulbs). Also since it seems like oem HID it will be much better than a conversion kit due to quality of the components and also due to Mazda using an HID projector.

True grim reaper! Honestly i rather yellow lights vs. white lights anyday. Just imagine my car has an HID kit installed and i rarely drive it at nights because i cannot see one thing in the road versus driving with normal lights . One time i had to stop and re-collect myself mentally because of an inconsiderate little young brat who thought it was cool to blind people with his HIDs. The person behind me gave him a good talking before driving off as well. Others for example my cousin, are very wicked and set it to blind people by aiming it at their windshield just for no reason. I wish this style thing would just stop honestly!
You really cannot blame an hid kit if you have trouble seeing. It may as well be the optics behind the light that is your headlight. Hid or halogen its just a light source and good quality kits do put out more light than the age old halogen bulb.

Hid is just a different system all together and as such needs different optics to be utilized fully. However thats not to say there arent cheap hid kits which are very cheaply made by children in China and sold to us not knowing that we are buying a kit that isnt even as bright as a halogen bulb.
Take a look at the output shots of people using Morimoto, Zenex and OEM HID bulbs and ballasts. Its brighter than halogen so much that it causes your own car to cast a shadow in front your own lights.

However yellow is opposite to black and so the yellow HIDs like 3000k and 4300k will always illuminate better on road and 4300k is the optimal light temperature for perception.
I used to have 6000k HIDs 35w in Projection lamps and it was almost as bright as the halogen. Had i gone down to pure white 5000k it would have been better for perception as the 6000 cast a blue hue on the road which was hard to see with for me.

No doubt in it these light looks very dashing but with it there are many disadvantages of these light.The hazards of accidents getting high in the night due to these lights.

Back