digicel prepaid blackberry service

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

death365

LV

i saw the ads on the newspaper an decided to look into it ... this is the info i got on digicel trinidad website

Digicel Trinidad and Tobago now offers BlackBerry Internet Services for prepaid customers. Now prepaid customers can select a plan that suits their budget and lifestyle.

Choose your Prepaid internet and email BlackBerry Internet Service plan
Price (VAT in)

7 days
$65

14 days
$130

30 days
$275

Digicel offers unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data on 7, 14, and 30 day plans. Access all your favorite sites on your BlackBerry such as Facebook or MySpace and other interesting places or get instant emails to your BlackBerry from Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail or up to 10 of your favorite ISP or POP email accounts.

To set up your BlackBerry for prepaid services, view our simple set up guide.

For more details on our Prepaid BlackBerry Internet Services, view our Frequently Asked Questions.

Standard prepaid terms and conditions apply.

Welcome to Digicel Prepaid Blackberry Service...
To activate our Prepaid Blackberry Service, please follow these instructions.

Step 1

Dial *136#
You will receive a text message with instructions on how to choose the plan you want to activate.

Step 2
There are three plan options to suit your budget - 7 days, 14 days and 30 days. Each option provides unlimited Blackberry Internet Service for the specified time period:

Dial *136*10# to activate the 7 day plan
Dial *136*20# to activate the 14 day plan
Dial *136*30# to activate the 30 day plan

you will receive a message to confirm the plan chosen and associated charges.

Step 3

Dial *136*1# to confirm charges, or *136*9# to cancel. You must ensure that you have sufficient credit to sign up for the plan. If you do, the credit will be immediately deducted and the service activated.

Step 4

After receiving the text message "Thank you..." the subscription is activated on the Digicel network. To complete the activation process, please remove your battery from the handset and then re-insert it. This will ensure your Prepaid Blackberry service is registered on the Digicel network.

Step 5

One you are registered with the service, you will receive a prompt with instructions to set up your email account. You can also go to the 'Email Settings' icon to set up your email.

You can now use your Digicel Prepaid Blackberry Internet Services!

UPON EXPIRY OF YOUR PLAN:
You will receive a text message to renew your service 3 hours before your plan is due to expire. You may renew your plan when you receive the renewal message, or up to 30 days after the plan expires. To renew your plan, dial *136*1*<selection code>#.

- To renew your 7 day plan, dial *136*1*10#
- To renew your 14 day plan, dial *136*1*20#
- To renew your 30 day plan, dial *136*1*30#

You can restart service after the 30 day reactivation period by dialing *136#

ACTIVATION TIPS

Follow the instructions provided in the text messages, as they will indicate how to proceed. you can choose to cancel your activation request using *136*9#. You will not be able to cancel the plan while you are on the service.

If you do not receive the prompt to set up email, you can set up your email account using:
1. The email settings icon on your BlackBerry
2. From a computer with internet access visiting the following website: http://digicel.blackberry.com and selecting "Create New Account".

You will not be able to setup your email account if your Blackberry device is registered to another network or if another email account is already tied to the device.

CHECKING YOUR PREPAID BLACKBERRY ACCOUNT

you can also query the prepaid Blackberry plan you are on and days left by dialing *136*779# (*136*QRY#). You will receive a text message with the plan information and expiry date.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.digiceltt.com or call 628-7000 or 100 from your Digicel mobile.

i want to borrow a blackberry sign up for it an put back the sim card into my nokia n95 an see if it can use thru other phones :icon_biggrin: that will be great if it does ...

Brilliant thanks for spreading wif word death.. Its like this is the only reason for me to want a blackberry. I'm not into blackberries but i really wanna check out this plan. I want this to be for normal mobiles :) that would be very very.. nice.. I guess.

yep ... I'll love to see this in normal mobiles ...

It shoul be alot cheaper also cause your not pushing emails to phone ...

There should be a daily option also ...

I still find this is way to high, its only going to be about 40-50kbps, i don't understand them only when they get competition then they will reduce their rates

no ... no ..no body that had bb phones have them again ... arg ...

every body change phones :(

Back