Dangers Of Enterprise, Chaguanas.

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

I want the public to be aware on how dangerous the Enterprise area is. I have family and friends that live in the area and the amount of frightening cases i have heard that they went through, is UNBELIEVABLE! First of all in Enterprise there are the really dangerous parts than others. Living there is like living in a war zone. You cannot drive there late in the night without cringing and fearful for your lives. There are youths with guns and weed at almost every corner block you turn. Gangs are prevalent in broad day light.

Fearful Residents have to be in their homes early or if they walk out the road is to bend their heads and just say good morning or good afternoon. Gun shots can be heard all hours of the day and night. People are also forced to secure their lives by paying gang members not to kill their families and loved ones. ( A close friend of mine went through this).

Taxi drivers are also afraid of the area because they have been robbed and beaten from assailants who pretend to be passengers. Its only the brave ones who venture in to drop passengers now. Youths are also robbing the elderly that live there as a friend of the family and his wife have been beaten and robbed by their neighbours in the same street. They are afraid to say anything as they have been threatened that that if the police know who they are, their families will be in danger.

Please do not venture into Enterprise if you do not know the area. Always make sure that you have someone in the vehicle with you. That area is a warzone and have been spreading outwards to Longdenville, Palmiste, Caparo, Tabaquite, Montrose, Endeavour and Cunupia. Please take it from someone who lives around the area. Many would say it is a safe place but they are lying. Here is a story on the newspapers

The scent of violence and fear hung thick in the air on the ?Gaza Strip? in Enterprise last Friday. ?They does call here the Gaza Strip. Here have Taliban,? a resident said, hurrying to get off Enterprise Street. Warfare between rivals gangs, Rasta City and the Muslims, had reignited in the area. Gunshots have been ringing through the neighbourhood day and night, heard by fearful residents even in the nearby upscale Lange Park community. The few residents on the streets quickly conducting their business were afraid to talk. An Unemployment Relief Programme (URP) worker on the ?Gaza Strip? said she and other workers could not go to work on sites in Crown Trace and Bhagaloo Street.

?Yesterday, we had to run. Is gunshots, morning, evening and lunch time. It have no special time. ?Is like a lockdown. It affecting everybody.? The office of Enterprise South councillor, Ronald Heera was closed. A resident of John Street said the area was normal at one time and claimed she did not know what started the war.

Government PROJECTS, DRUGS

Fighting for Government projects may be one of the reasons behind the gang rivalry in Enterprise. Sources said gangs in Central are fighting for Local Government and Community-based Environmental Protection and Enhancement Programme (Cepep) and URP projects, running workers off sites and demanding jobs. Fighting for control of drugs turf is another reason.

Police said the Beetham-based Rasta City, with connections in Enterprise, moved into the area last year. A war began between the Muslims in Enterprise and Rasta City. The conflict began when the Muslims moved in on a rival gang dealing in drugs in the area demanding they hand over their goods. The rival gang wants to control Enterprise, the source said.
In June last year, gang warfare erupted in Enterprise with several shootings but no fatalities. Central police arrested two key players and slapped 34 charges on them, confident that would have kept them in jail for a long time and end the war. The war resumed around April this year. Nikhail Dyer, 24, and his 18-month old daughter were shot dead at his Eagle Avenue, Enterprise. home. Police believed the killing was related to gang warfare in the area.
There were two gang related killings and several shooting injuries from nightly gunfire in the area. The gangs have been displaying photos of themselves on social media with high-powered weapons. Rasta City and the Muslims each made videos of their own ?anthem? which they have also posted on social media

Some people like to laugh and say oh its a safe place etc... Drive through there and you will be stared down. Do not even think about stopping or else you are at great risk of getting robbed in that area.

Thank you for the informative post, the details are much appreciated and informative.

Just yesterday my friends were sleeping in their Apartment and heard gunshots blasting through the air as a car drove by. One of them said they rolled on the ground and hid under the bed for a good few hours.
Another said he blacked out his windows completely as he is afraid of looking outside during the day or night.

It is ...Just yesterday this was posted to Beyond the tape showing the criminals with their guns and walkie talkies.

^^^have criminals everywhere lol in this day and age who bringing in the guns and giving them or selling them.....hunting down small fish and the main person behind still out there will only cause it top continue

^^^have criminals everywhere lol in this day and age who bringing in the guns and giving them or selling them.....hunting down small fish and the main person behind still out there will only cause it top continue

That is what I always so. The big man behind the scene roaming free and its only if they catch him then some thing can change.

While I agree with both of you, we need a solution now. Immediately! To do that, we have to remove/wipe out/contain/deal with the "small fishes" whom are the ones causing havoc.

While I agree with both of you, we need a solution now. Immediately! To do that, we have to remove/wipe out/contain/deal with the "small fishes" whom are the ones causing havoc.
lol and that is a next issue not like we can lost them in a jail cell as the amount of them it will cause the system to be crowded...so it looks preety crappy atm but the small thing they are doing better than nothing

For immediate relief the small fish could be taken in and potential information could be extracted from them which possibly could aid in finding the bigger boys up the chain.

But it's so many as Grim said, its not like they can be lost in a jail cell lol.

one thing will help is to have a limited curfew in that particular area, over to much of idleness does be taking place in that area. People need to take back their community start reporting all law breakers and criminal activities in the area. People need to step up.

but you know their parents going and be on tv saying their child was not involve in anything and he was a good boy lmao

For use of a better phrase, 'fire bun' dem parents. Better to wipe out a few and have their relatives complain than leave them and have hundreds of residents living in fear and at high risk.

There is a mosque there that is known to hoard criminals . Only guns are present in that mosque and they blantanly have a place to hide it before they say their prayers. How do i know? A fellow member of the mosque told me about his first and last time visit ever.

Neighbours are the real culprit helpers. They know who the criminals are but won't open up their mouths to call Crime Stoppers or Ian Alleyne if they don't want to call the police directly.

All I saying is that you know things bad when residents calling for army to come in and help.

Its when these same criminals who these people are saving, kill or rape their families they will be sorry. So people yes don't call the police save the criminal elements i hope you get what you deserve. :brick:

My friends know alot of criminal elements and i tell them blatantly its them who encouraging it . By not telling someone even anonymously, it would continue to happen.

Seriously you all right. Everybody within an area does be hiding the criminals when things heated.
It have so much underhand business going on here I am always amazed.

On a side note, anyone ever seen the vice network video of drugs and crime in Trini?

Nope i haven't seen it .

Like today on the newspapers i seeing some relative of a ciminal crying because they got shot trying to steal money from someone. I say celebrate- one less evil person in this world

Back