Cut Springs for Drop Low

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

I am not sure if to consider this a rant or what. I does see so many cars that dropped lower than standard height that bounce like crazy on the roads. Man travelling at 30-40km/h in an Almera and the whole car shaking in a smooth road like it have nerves yes.

It is a rel weird thing to look at but then I does wonder, a lower car means a lower gravity center, does that mean better cornering and handling when it bouncing around like a big ball?

image.png

Does typical see Nissan cars like dat. Dey drop low n cah take ah hump straight.

Some is taxi , idk how dem doh drag on d ground when ppl in d back seat.

So here it is, from the Haggard Garage themselves lol.

[video=youtube;P14hDWmMbfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P14hDWmMbfg[/video]

I know some padnas that have cut off just one coil on the spring and had a very good ride afterwards. No bouncing around.

I once read online that it actually has benefits to be reaped from cutting one spring. They backed up the statement with pretty good explanations and analysis. I will try to find the link again.

but wont cutting it affect the damping effect that the springs do??? if they got it good was it a special place or length they cut??

Hmmm I really interested in seeing this article if you can find it Brotherhood.

but wont cutting it affect the damping effect that the springs do??? if they got it good was it a special place or length they cut??
I do believe that once you interfere with the original thing there would be a difference. I had a ck lancer once, the back was lower than the front for whatever reason. Guessed it was the amount of music in my trunk. Anyway, took off a coil from each of the front. To everyone else, there was no difference. To me it was there. I then took off my 18's, slapped back on some 16's to add a little meat on the bone and walla. Better than before. Lol. The extreme cut spring seems a bit too much for me but if a boy got the patience to drive it n change bushings I got no issues. Only when they in front of me and having to show down every minute. I look to blow my horn n pass them asap.
If we talking cutting spring, keep in mind we ruin the ride just as when we put on the big rims. We all do it but talk about the other. So to each his own I would say.
I love to see a nice drop low with some monster rims. Wouldn't do that on mine caz I go way to fast on our not so nice roads.
Big up to the fancy up ride fellers. Maybe when I could afford another car.

Naz I respect what you saying. I agree with that, on most cars the big wheels does kill the ride quality too but not as bad depending on how much bigger we talking.

I does have a problem when they wanna pull on my side to take a hump, I does get vex for that cause some of them rel bold with it.

lol i prefer the coilovers as u can adjust the damping and hence fine tune the ride but men out here lucky...most of rthe cars i see be bouncing alot

lol i prefer the coilovers as u can adjust the damping and hence fine tune the ride but men out here lucky...most of rthe cars i see be bouncing alot

Lmao coilovers always the better option but then too them men does cut they own spring for free using tools they already have or something so.

lmao i does see the discomfort big big rims n cut springs guessing thy wat ladies like now lmao

Lmao I does never forget the day I see a man driving a pink Almera, the car on d ground and he bouncing up and down in a smooth road and he eh mind

Back