Cricket in West Indies - is it dying?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

wasi90lk

LV

West Indies cricket is no more what it used to be, the decline of West Indies cricket is pretty depressing.

Lately West Indies are starting to do well, but still they are no way near the force they once were.

Do you think cricket in West Indies is in decline?

A lot of things have changed in West Indies. First of all, pitches are very flat nowadays. Pitches in West Indies used to assist pacers, but that is not the case anymore I guess.

Besides, I feel players from West Indies take T20 format more seriously than test format. They need to realize test is the ultimate format.

I agree, nowadays spinners are more effective in West Indies than pacers. We have seen the emergence of Shane Shillingford, Sunil Narine and a few other good spinners.

Cricket is West Indies is reviving; they have done decent in the last few tournaments. They have beaten New Zealand in a full series recently, they have won the T20 world cup - they have done well overall.

West Indies coach Ottis Gibson has blamed the batsmen for their 186-run defeat to New Zealand in the first test match which ended in Kingston on Wednesday......he is very disappointed with the way they batted...our 5 batsmen over 2 innings in our top 6 who made ducks...that puts our batting under pressure...Jerome Taylor and Kemar Roach were battling injuries while Shane Shillingford played his first test since his suspension due to an illegal bowling action....in my option the west indies did very badly...the 2nd test between West Indies and New zealand starts next Monday in the oval, Port-of-Spain....i bought tickets for this match....i am not entertaining the thought that cricket is dying...far from...alot of upcoming youngsters are picking up cricket as a career...

Back