Counselling For Dead Officer’s Colleagues

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
A

alexk

Darryl%20Honore.jpg

Colleagues of Sgt Darryl Honore are said to be receiving counselling since getting news of his passing on Sunday night.

Up to yesterday, several officers who worked closely with him were said to be very distraught and highly depressed over the entire situation.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, a senior officer at the Central Division admitted Honore’s colleagues “weren’t doing so well.”

“We have had to send some to counselling, as they said that they felt like they couldn’t work and even sleep at nights when they are home.

“Honore was really close to a few, so close that he confided in them certain things and they looked out for him,” the senior officer said.

One colleague took to her Facebook page yesterday and wrote: “It’s still hard for me to grasp the concept that you are not coming back and that I won’t see you again till it’s my time. Spoke to you on that day as usual and never knew it would have been my last conversation with you.”

“I am happy that I was able to comfort you whenever you were in your ‘Depths of Despair.’ I even cried with you on some days because I still couldn’t understand how one person was able to go through so much in their life and still manage to come to work and put a smile on everyone’s face. I am indeed grateful for all the time I have spent with you during your journey here and I want you to know that you have a spot in my heart forever.”

Honore and another officer were involved in a shootout with each other last Wednesday outside the Ruby Tuesdays restaurant at Grand Bazaar.

Honore will be given a military funeral on Friday at 10 am at St Phillip’s RC Church in Chaguanas.

Investigations are continuing.

Back