Consumer Affairs reports Illegal to display NO REFUNDS.....

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Finally Consumer Affairs actually stepping up and making it clear to the latter public that it is Illegal to display NO REFUNDS No Exchange on a business premises. See the pic for more info.

10941440_710246089094014_584211529540269340_n.jpg

... and still businesses defy it with impunity...

Laws without enforcement are useless

If a report is made on a business that has one of these "NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES" signs, will they actually take action or advise the consumer on their next step?

If a report is made on a business that has one of these "NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES" signs, will they actually take action or advise the consumer on their next step?

Really don't know yes, i now remember we live in Trinidad and i know now slack the system is.
Then again you never know if i see any signs like this i will take a snapshot and report it to Consumer Affairs and see if they will do anything on the matter.

Really don't know yes, i now remember we live in Trinidad and i know now slack the system is.
Then again you never know if i see any signs like this i will take a snapshot and report it to Consumer Affairs and see if they will do anything on the matter.

I will also like to do that and see what they will do. It will give us a good idea as to how we go about arguing with these places if ever necessary.

I remember seeing this for Christmas when it was posted around. Chaguanas stores still have them though because saturday i went and signs were still up at stores.

2jera0o.png

I'm pretty sure there are still "no refunds/exchange" signs up in stores. Last I checked I think that clause was a pretty standard statement on receipts and ads too.

Only if they change the law to drop heavy financial penalties and then effective enforcement, you will see how fast those signs disappear.

As an experiment maybe we need to try submitting a picture to consumer affairs and see what will be said about the matter.

True, expect a little runaround though lol but sounds like a great idea

Back