Cell4Less - Cellular phone shop

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

People do not buy from Cell4Less. They are a company who do not honor warranty and do not care about their customers.

My father purchased a Blu Life Pure XL L259L from this store in Center City, Chaguanas on Friday 12th December, 2014. The phone was used for one day and developed a digitizer problem where the top 1/4" of the screen did not respond to inputs. Keep in mind that my father is an engineer he knows how to treat electronics. The phone never fell, never was under any stress or exposed to harshness during the period of ownership.

Upon taking the phone back to Cell4Less in Center City, there was an on the spot technician who played with the phone, he knew very very little about the phone and how to troubleshoot to begin with. After playing with it for 10 minutes and wasting our time, he told us to take it to Xen Cellular Ltd in Mid Center Mall, Chaguanas.

So when we arrived at Xen Cellular, there was a technician who took the phone and looked at the problem. Little did we know, Xen Cellular and Cell4Less are two totally separate companies and Xen is only contracted to honor SOFTWARE WARRANTY. We took the phone there with the hopes of receiving some sort of compensation but we were told that he would need 14 working days to "check" the software of the phone and if there were any hardware defects we would lose our money and receive no compensation.
He also was not very skilled. I took the phone from his hands and i showed him how the phone has built in diagnostics to show where inputs are registered on the screen. Upon seeing this, he tells us that he would take 14 working days to test the software for any issues and if there were any problems with the digitizer, lcd or screen(yeah isn't the lcd and screen the same?) we would receive no compensation and we would lose all our money.

So as a customer, spending $1995 on a brand new phone with 6 months of warranty means nothing. Warranty means absolutely nothing as according to Xen Cellular, warranty is only software and even the ,"supplier doesn't honor screen damages,".

People save your money, don't buy from CELL4LESS where talking shit is their business. Either import your own phone or buy directly from TSTT as these are the only avenues we have as a consumer to receive compensation.
I am very displeased and disappointed and more so a bit hurt to know that my father spent $2000 of his hard earned money on a new phone only to realise that he would have to live with a major defect or spend out of his pocket to repair the problem himself.

Mind you, my dad and I spent an hour in total going through traffic to get to both places and struggling to find park on a very busy Monday morning.

I saw it necessary to post about this phone shop here as I don't think anyone else should set their money on fire by buying from this sorry excuse for a phone shop.

Wowww I'm really sorry to hear that bro!! Honestly I have purchased phone from cell4less before, however had not developed any problems from them before, honestly tho what they did was highly unprofessional, the technician should have registered it, taken it in for examination and let you guys know if the warranty covered the damages (which it should) these phone technicians these days just tell you anything just to get you to buy a new phone or just forget about your phone.

They really put no care into it what so ever, I recommend you visit a reputable establishment known for repairs, eg. Bagalito enterprises in trincity

Cell4less are very well know for poor business practices and poor customer support, some time ago i carried PHONE TO be repaired and after weeks of call them for an update they keep on saying the phone tech is not in and they will not be able to give me any information on the status of my phone. After 2 weeks of visiting and calling them i found out that they damaged the flex cable in the phone causing the screen to be non functional and whats worst is that they refused to compensate me for the damages.
What i know and what alot of people are saying is that they sell refubish phones and they don't refund or replace any damaged phones under warranty.

As a technician myself I think he didn't act professionally and he really should consider whether he is a tech or someone just holding a job.

Any repairs I'll do them myself I've seen too many of my friends suffer from poor installation issues. The only reason we considered letting them repair it or whatever is because of warranty.

All this software talk the "tech" was talking about,I rooted the phone installed cwm and installed a z2 Xperia rom port. Same issue and further amplified since I'm now able to draw lines via advanced developer options and see exactly where the digitizer fails.

Further I have no reason to doubt admin, they are scamming people and I too wondered if their phones are defective or refurbished as it seems like the perfect scheme to sell defective products and claim warranty is sold with the phone but then result to dishonest practices and retract the warranty saying it's software.

If they ripped a flex cable that means they can't fix anything. Yes things do happen but as a tech at a shop who works on contract to repair for other businesses that's supposed to be a professional that says everything.
I'm disappointed but at the end of it I'm using my power to discredit this company in any way I can since I don't wish anyone else to suffer the same.

Sorry you and your father had to suffer through that, but thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to stay clear of them. Companies like that play cheap and avoid fulfilling their obligations to their customers, thinking they are saving a few dollars...little do they know that when people like you, nirtime, speak out they will lose thousands of dollars in future sales. Thanks for bring this to everyone's attention....

Back