Car thieves nabbed after shoot-out with police

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Tuesday, June 24th 2008
Two car thieves were caught yesterday on Mosquito Creek, South Oropouche, after their car crashed during a shoot-out with police.

The suspects, a 23-year-old Siparia man, and his 38-year-old accomplice, were taken to hospital along with Sunil Gosine, the man they injured when his car was hit.

The gunmen are believed to be behind the robbery at the Siewlal Trace, Fyzabad, home of San Fernando City Corporation Health Inspector Azam Mohammed on Sunday night.

Mohammed was washing his car when four men with guns came, and beat him and his wife before stealing the family's car, a Nissan Almera, a police report said.

At 7 a.m. yesterday, police spotted the stolen car travelling along the South Trunk Road, occupied by two men. A second car followed behind with two men.

When police tried making an interception, they were shot at. One of the cars struck a panel van and then Gosine's car.

He was seriously injured and was last night at hospital.

Police recovered a .38 handgun and several rounds of ammunition.

Good work next time they should shoot to kill these people

dis is why i liek carsearch!!!!!!!!!!!!i wud pay $10,000 a year fuh car search...i gettin bak meh car and plus them fellas will shoot no questions asked.....police runnin down yuh car have too much paper work to file after a car chase and shoto out!!!!!

Thats cool, but expensive lol. Trinidad real far behind on tracking and navigation tech though. It would be good for us to invest in some gps technology, for those with expensive cars and stuff. It could even be gsm based tracking cuz cell towers can triangulate and track signals.

Back