Car Damaged at American Stores Chaguanas

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Some time this afternoon my father attempted to enter American Stores in Chaguanas. They have a sign saying no parking located at the front of the business. There is park down to the back, the passage is very narrow and there is a big piece of concrete protruding off to the side. It is not visible from inside the vehicle while heading on your way. My dad's vehicle came into contact with the concrete protrusion in which a hole was made in his brand new, very costly car's side steps.

The manager of the store is adamant that her little Nissan Almera can pass so there is no problem with the concrete protrusion. I had no idea a Nissan Almera was a Crossover Utility Vehicle and as one would know, a new Toyota RAV4 is much larger and much wider than an Almera sedan. There are visible marks on the concrete of other people's cars getting damaged. This is absolutely unacceptable and extremely dirt poor service from American Stores. This will not go uncared for. I am extremely angry and upset at the piss poor service of the manager to the point where I will never buy from American Stores again.

Good Luck keep us posted..... it can go anyway as it comes like he touch the wall by himself worse yet if it have other vehicles in the back there park up with no complaints.............

Good Luck keep us posted..... it can go anyway as it comes like he touch the wall by himself worse yet if it have other vehicles in the back there park up with no complaints.............

All of the vehicles parked there are smaller and not as wide. A truck could never go down in the back there. Its also not a wall, it is a concrete protrusion that is extremely close to the ground which you will not see when you are approaching.

If that was the case then the concrete supposed to be looking gray and not black. Obviously other people have hit it.

Goodluck take pics of it and go fight it down with them...tell us how it goes

Its that rotten attitude of employees I'll never understand. Its the very money that a customer that they speech off paying them and keeping them surviving. I have no intentions to fight with anybody, I really don't think that it should come to that but sometimes you never know.

Waw.. I am very sorry this happened to your dad. He should very well fight them down because when you designate a parking area for your customers , all things that can cause harm supposed to be outlined.
A warning or danger sign supposed to be there alerting customers of the protruding concrete. Or even a maximum width and height sign.

Please keep us updated . I would like to know how the very wealthy owners handle this situation

its a business dude it going and have running around......@ladydeath once they have a sign that they not liable to any damage in there car park that could be trouble so...he going and have to fight them down

Waw.. I am very sorry this happened to your dad. He should very well fight them down because when you designate a parking area for your customers , all things that can cause harm supposed to be outlined.
A warning or danger sign supposed to be there alerting customers of the protruding concrete. Or even a maximum width and height sign.

Please keep us updated . I would like to know how the very wealthy owners handle this situation

Yes this was my thought as well, will keep you updated.

its a business dude it going and have running around......@ladydeath once they have a sign that they not liable to any damage in there car park that could be trouble so...he going and have to fight them down

We will deal with that accordingly.

UPDATE: attempts to reach the complaints department have proved futile. Attempts to contact the branch no difference.

I could not even begin to fit my small truck in the passageway to go in the back there. Is it that they are saying they don't care about customers? They have enough already? No problem with me, I will never ever buy from American Stores for as long as I live.

that is a more like you will have to walk in kinda of business it looking like

American Stores are owned by very cheap people. It was expected that you will get a run around and blame game.
Too much people let things like these slide.

This is what people are hitting their cars on. I really do feel it for people who hit their cars on this since I have previously hit a unibody in a far different setting at my own fault. It is not a nice repair to do properly.

This store has some very retarded parking. There are approximately 4 wide parking spaces to the front where there is a middle entrance between the high pavement but the passage way to park at the back is to the extreme right of the building. The angle needed to drive through this passage way is impossible for a long wheel base vehicle like a Chevrolet Colorado or a Nissan Navara. It is only possible for short wheel base vehicles like Tucsons, ALmeras, etc...

Nobody with a truck or large panel van could park at this place... It is obvious they don't care and don't want your money.

There are two signs to the right wall in front the store, the first one says NO parking, the second one says Parking this way and has an arrow pointing to the rear of the building.

I visited the premises this morning and there was a Hyundai Tucson parked in front the building slightly to the right... The rear parking was inaccessible since the pavement prevents people from driving straight out to the road and this Tucson was blocking the path to reach the parking.

If anyone has intentions to shop at this place, you are best off leaving your transport behind or shop elsewhere like my dad did. We received far superior service at Fen Mohammed where parking was not even a worry and the service was far better.

PriceSmart have the same sign up, but they compensated me when my car was tampered with.

Go at them, hard.... pre-action rotocol

I would really like to take this a lot further but my dad apparently seems to not want to even though there are 2 holes and deformities in his $2200 side steps.

I think you all should keep at it as well. They better compensate your dad properly. How can they provide parking for customers and have something like this there? I agree with LadyD, there should have a sign there warning about it or a sign limiting vehicle sizes. They need to be held accountable.

I will talk to my dad and see if i can get him to go further. If i was the driver I would be obsessing over this and when I obsess over something I always succeed.

I went and had a look at the side step myself. It is far worse than he described it to me. It looks like someone hit the side of the rav4 because there are deformities in the actual step.

I would also like to complain to them that big vehicles cannot fit to go in the back there. But it seems they have deliberately programmed their system so that people will not bother trying to call them.

Once you guys get through with seeking action about this matter, this could prevent others from the same fate as well. By taking responsibility for the situation they may finally decide to put up the necessary signs and/or fix the problem to avoid a similar situation. If they do not respond on the phone or in store, I believe you can draft a letter to them like Saxman did with Pricesmart.

Back