Car Crushed By Cathedral Stonework

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
A

alexk

photographs%20the.jpg

The Holy Trinity Cathedral in Portof- Spain sustained damage during yesterday’s 6.9 magnitude earthquake.

The Labyrinth floor had fallen masonry and stonework and the top of the church tower was broken off.

The front end of a First Citizens employee’s Tiida car that was parked on the eastern side of the church carpark was destroyed by falling debris and stonework from the overhead church steeple.

Still shaken from the ordeal and on seeing the damage done to her car, the bank employee said: “I was about to leave the bank when the building started to shake.

“That’s what delayed me, I was just waiting for my daughter. As I came round the corner I saw the rubble on the street, then when I came closer; the car was gone.”

The woman asked her daughter to take photographs of the car and the church tower, which had exposed stonework.

She then told her daughter to carefully check if there were any valuables in the vehicle while keeping an eye out for falling debris.

Still distraught, the bank employee said she wanted to get out of city fast and go to her Chaguanas home. She was dropped off by her colleague.

Back