bubble ah pot special

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Minipuff

Grinchypuff Clause
LV

tell me MALE/FEMALE what is your specialty what you could throw down with it doesnt matter if you cook , beg or order tell me what is your best dish

I love baking in general and experimenting with healthy exotic dishes. My favorite things to make are BBQ, cakes, Christmas ham, stew chicken, rice/quinoa salad, Latin cuisine, and pasta dishes. I seriously get a rush and feel an urge to make something when I see lots of fruits and veggies. I've had requests for dhal, dumpling & tomato chokha, stew chicken, curry chicken, curry goat, curry duck, (and I sooo don't like curry!!!!) bbq chicken, baked ham, lasagna, veg fried rice, hops bread, loaf bread, cupcakes, birthday cakes, mashed potatoes, chicken Kiev, honey mustard chicken, wings, chicken nuggets/tenders, macaroni pie, burgers, and cheese sandwiches. (My allergies include wheat and dairy though so I can't eat 90% of that lol

I love baking in general and experimenting with healthy exotic dishes. My favorite things to make are BBQ, cakes, Christmas ham, stew chicken, rice/quinoa salad, Latin cuisine, and pasta dishes. I seriously get a rush and feel an urge to make something when I see lots of fruits and veggies. I've had requests for dhal, dumpling & tomato chokha, stew chicken, curry chicken, curry goat, curry duck, (and I sooo don't like curry!!!!) bbq chicken, baked ham, lasagna, veg fried rice, hops bread, loaf bread, cupcakes, birthday cakes, mashed potatoes, chicken Kiev, honey mustard chicken, wings, chicken nuggets/tenders, macaroni pie, burgers, and cheese sandwiches. (My allergies include wheat and dairy though so I can't eat 90% of that lol
How you make your tomato chokha?
I blend the tomatoes with some salt and a little bit of seasoning and then boil it. Quick and it tastes good

How you make your tomato chokha?
I blend the tomatoes with some salt and a little bit of seasoning and then boil it. Quick and it tastes good

Heat up a Tbsp EVOO, throw in some finely chopped garlic until fragrant (do not brown), throw in diced tomatoes, cover and let steam until juices start to run. Sprinkle salt, stir, simmer until desired thickness is achieved. Add pimientos, additional seasonings or roasted peppers if desired. My husband's friends go crazy for it! I crave it with Chief peppersauce too lol

Will try this method soon. Time to try it a new way

Tastes awesome! Fastest I ever made it was about 10-15 minutes max on med-high heat including full prep, serving, and packing some to go (and making the dumplings boil & fry-ish). The guys thought it would have taken at least a 1/2 hour cooking and were shocked!

tbh i could cook anything good once i know what it is! Curry is my specialty lmao it might sound stereotypical eh but it is, Roti too! but once i know what i cooking, pot does taste goood!!

even if i don't know , i could follow a recipe good and add meh lil twists and turns!!

this thread sounding like chain up for secret ingredients being sold out xD

AMMM I FIND ALL YUH HAVING ISSUES WITH MEH THREAD EHHHH why is there always a conspiracy theory attached to meh threads i watching all yuh good eh @admin and @mr bollywood

I suck at cooking. It really hit or miss for me. Sometimes it comes out good, others..not soo much. Even though I did the exact same thing! My speciality.....Pan seared chicken...easiest thing to make. lol

steven yuh feel so? my cousin boil an egg and it ended up non-edible , idk how just was too hard to eat, idk how she managed to do that!

tbh i could cook anything good once i know what it is! Curry is my specialty lmao it might sound stereotypical eh but it is, Roti too! but once i know what i cooking, pot does taste goood!!

even if i don't know , i could follow a recipe good and add meh lil twists and turns!!

this thread sounding like chain up for secret ingredients being sold out xD

I used to love roti! I coulda eat bussupshot just so like a snack.

I'm wary of secret ingredients. I give out general guidelines to my recipes mostly, leaving out my special zings and zangs. I guard my secret ingredients with my life. The husband gets the death stare if he lingers too close to my pot "I wouldn't tell no body doh worry" *next time he chats with a friend* "doh worry, dem doh business bout that...or this person...or that person..."

First thing I made was an omelet. It tasted sooo good but my mother nearly killed me because I was 8 and cooked while she was asleep and she woke up to the smoke alarm going off. That was also the day I learned that turning on the faucet over a searing hot pan = smoke like wow. Always let my pots cool first since lol

Easiest thing to make is scrambled eggs I think. I'm surprised this thread going so slow, does nobody else here like food?

When i was 7 years old i was already in the kitchen helping my mom prepare the ingredients and vegetables for her to cook .

At the age of 9 years, things took a turn in my family and both my parents had to work. Being left alone home with my brother, i taught myself most of the times to cook small dishes such as eggs, chips , hot dogs , sausages , soup. My mom also taught me how to actually cook at this age.

9 Years till today my mother and father taught me everything i know in the kitchen, even my brother knows how to handle himself and cook many dishes. I have become obsessed with the food network channel, leaning tips and recipes from them. Google and tv has been my help in non-trini dishes.

Trini foods e.g - ( curry, stew , soups, west indian dishes ) . Still Working on the roundness of the roti lol
Italian- Love to cook my pastas ( alfredo, bolognese, marinara, ) and dishes such as Shrimp Scampi , seafood etc.
Thai & Asian - Dumplings, Coconut everything , sweet and sour , Thai/Asian Noodles
Chinese - Fried rice, corn soups, wantons in garlic sauce, noodles, lo meins etc.
Much more but i cannot remember off the bat right now.

Sometimes i make my very own creations and it tastes awesome! Cooking has always been one of my favorite past time and i cannot fathom why anyone refuses to learn how to cook. It's a necessity and survival. Cooking to me is important like brushing your teeth or bathing. My parents made sure that my brother and i learnt how to cook, as i will pass on to my children as well.

Wish i can share my facebook cooking album here lol

You're lucky LadyDeath! My family is stingy with their recipes lol I'm self-taught, learned by force around age 8 when both parents were working and I had younger family members to see about through random experiments trying to copy the taste of something, recipe books and lots of trial & error, and the past few years, lots of influence from youtube and cooking shows. I like trying to identify the ingredients in new foods I taste and experimenting to replicate it at home as well as coming up with my own creations. I've had my failures, but the triumphs are more than worth it!

Back